cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you charge back payments on paypal.me?

SOLVED
Contributor

Can you charge back payments on paypal.me?

My friend wants to pay me through paypal.me, but i've never used it before. Is it safe and can they charge back the payment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Can you charge back payments on paypal.me?

@ajinoxx wrote:

My friend wants to pay me through paypal.me, but i've never used it before. Is it safe and can they charge back the payment?

Depends on how they sent the payment. If they paid by credit card, they can chargeback regardless of the payment is eligible for dispute or not. The sender can dispute the payment via PayPal Purchase Protection if they send payment as goods and services. If they sent payment as friends and family from their PayPal balance, they can't dispute it unless it is a genuine unauthorized transaction (as determined by PayPal). It's not a friend who would do a chargeback on you if they knowingly sent you money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Can you charge back payments on paypal.me?

@ajinoxx wrote:

Depends on how they sent the payment. If they paid by credit card, they can chargeback regardless of the payment is eligible for dispute or not. The sender can dispute the payment via PayPal Purchase Protection if they send payment as goods and services. If they sent payment as friends and family from their PayPal balance, they can't dispute it unless it is a genuine unauthorized transaction (as determined by PayPal). It's not a friend who would do a chargeback on you if they knowingly sent you money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post