Can you charge back payments on paypal.me?

ajinoxx
Contributor
Contributor

My friend wants to pay me through paypal.me, but i've never used it before. Is it safe and can they charge back the payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajinoxx wrote:

My friend wants to pay me through paypal.me, but i've never used it before. Is it safe and can they charge back the payment?

Depends on how they sent the payment. If they paid by credit card, they can chargeback regardless of the payment is eligible for dispute or not. The sender can dispute the payment via PayPal Purchase Protection if they send payment as goods and services. If they sent payment as friends and family from their PayPal balance, they can't dispute it unless it is a genuine unauthorized transaction (as determined by PayPal). It's not a friend who would do a chargeback on you if they knowingly sent you money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajinoxx wrote:

Depends on how they sent the payment. If they paid by credit card, they can chargeback regardless of the payment is eligible for dispute or not. The sender can dispute the payment via PayPal Purchase Protection if they send payment as goods and services. If they sent payment as friends and family from their PayPal balance, they can't dispute it unless it is a genuine unauthorized transaction (as determined by PayPal). It's not a friend who would do a chargeback on you if they knowingly sent you money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.