Can't upload a CSV file for multi shipping? Are you flippin' kidding me?

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has been pretty bad in the past with their updating/fixing their multi-order/shipment feature ( I use it to ship orders from my website), but now they did away with being to upload a CSV file which contains my all my customers' shipping info. "Coming soon?" it says. Yeah, right. Just bring back the old interface and let's get on with it people.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jewelrybydawn
Contributor
Contributor

Well after much searching, I DID find a perfect one.  It is simple to use, has the ability to import orders and best of all - it's FREE.  I've used it the past 2 days and I love it.  It's pirateship.  Just google "ship packages with pirate ship".  I tried to put the link in here but it didn't go to the right page. 

There you go!  Happy shipping! 

Login to Me Too

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

@jewelrybydawn wrote:

Well after much searching, I DID find a perfect one.  It is simple to use, has the ability to import orders and best of all - it's FREE.  I've used it the past 2 days and I love it.  It's pirateship.  Just google "ship packages with pirate ship".  I tried to put the link in here but it didn't go to the right page. 

There you go!  Happy shipping! 

Well, it isn't perfect but it definitely has advantages over PP MOS. First advantage, not Paypal. Second- I can use any name I want as the "Ship from" and as a coin dealer it is nice not to have my business name plastered on the label tempting curious postal workers. 3rd, I can use any of the USPS shipping options- PP does not have Regional Flat Rate or Cubic Flat Rate. 4th- you get Commercial Plus Priority rates, which are cheaper than Commercial Priority rates available through PP.

I like that they have no service fees, unlike signing up for Endicia, Stamps.com or Shippingeasy.com (Shipping Easy does have a free option, but only 50 labels a month and no spreadsheet uploads- you have to pay $29 a month to get those features).

Big disadvantage- uploads are limited to a single class of mail. You can upload First Class Package shipments with different weights in one batch, but if you want some to have Signature Confirmation you need to upload those separately. Same with Priority Mail- you can upload only Flat Rate Envelopes, Flat Rate Small Boxes or Flat Rate Envelope with Signature Confirmation in one batch. So on a typical shipping day I may have to do as many as 6 different uploads. Still faster than manually entering each label on PP MOS.

I have been communicating with Pirate Ship, they are fast to respond and very helpful in getting me set up. They plan on implementing single spreadsheet uploads with all different service options, but it is a few months from being ready.

Thank you for sharing your discovery, started using Pirate Ship on Friday and I think I will be using them for everything except for items paid for with Paypal.

Mark

Login to Me Too

Sakr1
Re: Can't upload a CSV file for multi shipping? Are you flippin' kidding me?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.