Can't upload a CSV file for multi shipping? Are you flippin' kidding me?

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has been pretty bad in the past with their updating/fixing their multi-order/shipment feature ( I use it to ship orders from my website), but now they did away with being to upload a CSV file which contains my all my customers' shipping info. "Coming soon?" it says. Yeah, right. Just bring back the old interface and let's get on with it people.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I figured out how to get that link.

FIRST, log into your paypal account (you HAVE to login first).

Second. Go to this url: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_bulk-ship&node_optout=true

this is the url for the old template that they are now hiding.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jewelrybydawn
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, if you look now, it says "The new MultiOrder Shipping does not have CSV upload option. Apologies for the inconvenience caused."

Unreal!!!  I'm in a total panic - honestly.  Geez Paypal, how hard could it be to simply include that option??

Login to Me Too

jewelrybydawn
Contributor
Contributor

Well I just heard back from paypal support, and sure enough, they decided not to include csv upload in the new system.  I submitted a request to have it added, but unless many more people do as well, we can kiss that goodbye and pay for Stamps.com. 

Login to Me Too

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Second. Go to this url: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_bulk-ship&node_optout=true

Login to Me Too
Solved

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Login to Me Too

depatie

this is nuts!

Add to this problem how the developer.paypal.com sandbox accounts are now buggy as !@#$.   I now have multiple helpdesk ticket "on hold" because of the known problems but no reaction from their engineering to address.

All I can say is stripe.com, and move all to their API's.   They at least seem responsive to us developers (not that I really like them either).

Login to Me Too

squidbunny
Contributor
Contributor

The old form now seems to be inaccessible.

This is, not to be hyperbolic, a nightmare. This has literally lost all utility.

Login to Me Too

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by a less than useless (ie helpful) CS person that the decision to eliminate the CSV uploads was because their agreement with Pitney Bowes is only for sales generated using Paypal to pay for the sale. So even though they had (for 8+ years) allowed us to upload data to print other labels (for sales paid by mailed in check, merchant credit card account or whatever) it was not technically something they were supposed to do.

So it won't matter how much complaining you do, it isn't going to be restored.

What **bleep** me off (apart from now having to open an account at Endicia) is that I do subscription sales and I don't even get an option to print a shipping label for those payments made with Paypal. It is like they think all subscriptions are for some kind of electronic goods (newsletter etc) and not for a physical item that can be mailed.

These guys are forcing me to change how I do my business, and I hate change. Especially when it costs me money and requires I do more work.

Login to Me Too

NUKEPILLS
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, about 15% of my website orders are paid by Paypal funds, but now I can't use Paypal to print the labels unless I manually create them one at a time. **bleep** that. I will just not accept Paypal anymore (like I use to). It has/had no affect on my sales as to whether Paypal was accepted and everyone has a credit card or debit card. And THOSE services charge me a lesser fee than Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

CDVpete
New Community Member

This really makes me mad. I'm going to have to find a new place to do my shipping. Any suggestions? Someone mentioned stamps.com...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.