Can money be transferred from a Chinese bank a/c to a PayPal a/c (Australian)?

GM-Au
Contributor
Contributor

I ;m well aware that there are restrictions regarding sending or transferring money in &/or out of mainland China via just about every method (other than sending out of China via Western Union, if that's still the case, as it was back in 2004).

Does anyone know if it's possible to send (transfer?) money via any method in China, to a dot com paypal account, so that it can be accessed in Australia (either to a personal or merchant account?)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @GM-Au,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We don't really allow sending funds to yourself. However, if you're asking can a Chinese PayPal account send money to an Australian PayPal account, then yes it can. And yes, that payment can be funded by a Chinese funding source and withdrawn to an Australian bank. However, if you own both banks, then unfortunately we would not be able to host that kind of transaction.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

GM-Au
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_JonK. Definitely not sending money to myself, but it's a good point, so I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm really pleased at the info you've given me, because I'd pretty much expected the answer to be no, not possible no matter what, and thanks also, for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.