Can a buyer cancel a money request?

squidzink
New Community Member

I'm a little confused. I sent a payment request for services rendered and I received an email. 

Buyer Name (email address) canceled the following money request: etc, etc.

How does the buyer cancel a request? It seems that the only way a request should be cancelled would be by the seller. Especially if it has not yet been paid. Is this not correct?

Secondary question: While a request is still live, does the system remind the buyer of the request periodically or it is a one time email request?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mrc1501
New Community Member

Has anyone had a response to this. My buyer initially paid, so I sent my item which was received. 3 weeks later a PayPal case was opened claiming that the buyer did not recognise the PayPal transaction on their Amex card. PayPal immediately refunded the buyer. Buyer admitted that they made a mistake by opening the case, but refuses to pay me. I sent a PayPal invoice which is still open and has been ignored. I sent a money request for the item which was cancelled by the buyer. How can this be allowed and acceptable?

I just want to be paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.