Can I create an invoice for MYSELF to pay on recipient's behalf rather than using Send Money

Arcknight
Contributor
Contributor

If I walk my artists through it, they can use paypal invoicing to create nice itemized invoices for artwork being commissioned, and I can use the 'partial payment' feature to send 50% of the funds up front, and quickly view outstanding / unpaid invoices. Moreover, if the work was submitted and they're waiting for payment, they can simply use the "reminder to pay" features in the invoice.

It's MUCH better than me sending money for 50% initially, then months later checking whether I had already sent initial payment when cashing out a project.

However - I have a dozen artists, many are foreign. The invoices will all be made differently and I'll have to walk them through the process and it's a headache waiting to happen trying to explain to them the better way to use the paypal service.

Is it possible for me to generate the invoice that's going to ME, selecting the recipient instead of the invoicee, so instead of receiving the bill they receive the notification that they've sent me a bill that I've generated for them?

I believe this would be far superior to Send Money for this type of business purpose.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You can try what you have in mind however, unless something has recently changed, I believe the system will not let you invoice yourself.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You can try what you have in mind however, unless something has recently changed, I believe the system will not let you invoice yourself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.