Allow customer to attach files to estimates

customdog
New Community Member

Hi all,

I've tried to find the answer to this, so apologies if I overlooked it.

I've started creating an estimate form and I see that I (the seller) can attach files to it. What I don't see is if the customer can attach files, specifically image files, to the estimate.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@customdog 

They can only add a note if changes are needed. No mention of being able to attach files by the customer in the invoices help:

https://www.paypal.com/invoice/features-help

A workaround would be the customer uploading images or docs to an image/doc host site and include the links in the note.

After you send an estimate

When you send an estimate through PayPal, your customer will receive an email notifying them of the estimate and allowing them to view the estimate details. The customer will be able to accept the estimate or request changes.

When a customer accepts an estimate, you’ll receive an email notifying you. After they accept the estimate, you’ll be prompted to convert the estimate into an invoice.

If your customer requests changes, you’ll receive an email notification. Your customer will be able to include a note regarding these changes. When you update the estimate, your customer will receive an email notification asking them to review and accept your changes.

If you update the details on an estimate after a customer has accepted it, the estimate status will revert back to “Sent.” This ensures your customer knows the estimate has been updated and accepts your changes.

If needed, you can always cancel your estimate. When you cancel an estimate, your customer will receive an email notifying them of the cancellation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@customdog 

They can only add a note if changes are needed. No mention of being able to attach files by the customer in the invoices help:

https://www.paypal.com/invoice/features-help

A workaround would be the customer uploading images or docs to an image/doc host site and include the links in the note.

After you send an estimate

When you send an estimate through PayPal, your customer will receive an email notifying them of the estimate and allowing them to view the estimate details. The customer will be able to accept the estimate or request changes.

When a customer accepts an estimate, you’ll receive an email notifying you. After they accept the estimate, you’ll be prompted to convert the estimate into an invoice.

If your customer requests changes, you’ll receive an email notification. Your customer will be able to include a note regarding these changes. When you update the estimate, your customer will receive an email notification asking them to review and accept your changes.

If you update the details on an estimate after a customer has accepted it, the estimate status will revert back to “Sent.” This ensures your customer knows the estimate has been updated and accepts your changes.

If needed, you can always cancel your estimate. When you cancel an estimate, your customer will receive an email notifying them of the cancellation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

customdog
New Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll probably follow your suggestion to direct them to upload to a linked destination.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.