Account suddenly blocked because paypal thinks I don't live in the US

PPtook802USD
New Community Member

I'm a non US citizen with an US address and US LLC.

For the past 2 months paypal has been asking me to fill a W-9 form, to which I replied I should fill a W8ben form.

10 hours after calling customer support they closed my account "because I've been logging since the opening of the account from Taiwan"??????

I'm currently visiting Taiwan and haven't been here before 2019, so this is obviously not accurate

Before you send me the "Paypal is country specific" crap, you can live outside the US  and still have a legitimate, tax compliant company, that's the purpose of a w8ben form.

There's NO warning stating that you should be a US citizen in order to open a paypal business account and there's even a page stating that the only thing you have to do is confirm that you're not subject to US tax payer status.: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-do-i-need-to-confirm-my-u.s.-tax-payer-status-faq389...

I simply don't trust paypal anymore and will avoid it at all costs in the future. you should do the same. 

Btw they are making interest out of 802$ and probably made me lose an additional 10k this month.

Looking forward for you downfall.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PPtook802USD 

Before you send me the "Paypal is country specific" crap, you can live outside the US and still have a legitimate, tax compliant company, that's the purpose of a w8ben form.

ok, will save my advice for someone who asks nicely.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.