Payment origin country

mel_instagibson
New Community Member

Hello,
is there any way to quickly find the origin country of a paypal payment that went through my webstore? i sell digital goods and to calculate VAT i need the origin country of every payment (buyer). i cant find it anywhere in activity or when i export my activity.
thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal knows where you buyer is based or where his Paypal account is based,but since you sell digital goods which require no delivery,it is not being passed on to you.

You should raise this issue with Paypal.

There is a lady now being audited by her state for sales tax,she sells diigital goods and her payment history does not show  buyer state and zip code and now the state wants her to pay sales tax on all of her sales !!!!!

Login to Me Too

HeiDocNet
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, so I made a tool to fetch the sender country through the shopping cart API.

Not sure if it's allowed to link to 3rd party software here, so I'm holding the link for now (until a moderator tells me that I'm allowed to release it).

But anyone interested, send me a PM, and I'll send you the link.

Login to Me Too

Selectabet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @HeiDocNet

I have the same issue and your solution sounds like exactly what I need. I was wondering if you could share your API tool with me please? Unfortunately I can't see a way to PM you here, sorry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

HeiDocNet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Selectabet 

Maybe there are no PMs on this forum.

Anyway, here's the link to the tool:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/36-payment-origin-country-for-paypal

Login to Me Too

Selectabet
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. I'll give it a go. 👍

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.