PayPal closing PayPal Pro payments at the end of Oct - HELP!!!

europacific
Contributor
Contributor

We've been told by PayPal that they are discontinuing PayPal PRO at the end of Oct. PayPal has given NO information except use Braintreee or PayPal Standard - WTF!   PayPal business support has sent us to this forum for support.  Not great customer service. No wonder PP is going bust.

As far as I'm aware this Braintree program is not even part of PayPal and we have to apply for an account with Braintree as it is a separate entity.  Talked to some obnoxious tech support idiot at PayPal who said that he couldn't help me because PP hasn't given them any information and he doesn't work with Braintree.  Maybe we should be looking at Stripe or Authorize.net - anyone on this forum have advice? We are using OpenCart and it works with PayPal Pro and PayPal Standard which seems a backwards step. We run about 500 - 1000 sales per month.  Small site. Guess that's why PP is dumping small clients.

Also have three other websites with the same issue. I need a great idea from someone on how to fix this. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.