Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

nadd157
Contributor
Contributor
My mobile number changed a few 30 days ago but I not updated my profile. Now I can't log in. Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account. My new phone number is diferent. Please help me ro change phone Nr. I confirm by email and my profil.
Login to Me Too

Ashleydudman
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t access my paypal account as I’ve got a new number how do I get around this so I can access my account? All the paypal contact options are unavailable at this time and I need access to my account ASAP
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ashleydudman 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

prabhatach
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have access to my old phone number and even old device. How can i login or change my phone number as i cannot bypass the 2FA

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@prabhatach 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Iiliyput
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having difficulties logging into my PayPal account, and PayPal did not send me any access codes. My biggest issue is that there are no other alternatives for logging in other than my phone number. Even if I selected different options, it always directed me to my phone number as an access option.  I had contacted my phone provider, but they found no issues. I'm not sure what to do and there are no other methods to open my account; even contacting PayPal customer service is challenging.

Login to Me Too

M-Fettouhi
New Community Member

Hey, I think I have the same problems. When I try to log in they ask for phone number verification, the problems is the area code is wrong, it is fixed for Frensh +33(..), when I set up the account I made a verification with my phone which starts with +212(..) Morocco. Now I can't even recall if I'm in the wrong here. I don't know if there is a way to contact the costumer service via email. It says I have to log first which I cannot do.  

Login to Me Too

Iiliyput
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what to do, do you resolve your issues?

Login to Me Too

Iiliyput
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is whenever I send my concerns, they just told me to chat the customer service or call for assistance and give me certain instructions but still there is no solution. How can I log-in if the issue is that I can only used my phone number as an only way to access. Whenever  I clicked the "Having troubled logging-in" it just directed me to my phone number and thats the issue there is no other options. I keep asking why I can't receive codes since my service provider don't find any other issues. They want me to log-in but HOW? even the customer service is not helpful and whenever I talked to paypal agent it's like I'm talking to a robot because the replies are the same its it is an auto reply 

Login to Me Too

Gorgeousgabby
New Community Member

Im trying to log into an old av account i had forgoten the password so when i click forgot password it wasnt to text or call a number i no long own, ans thats it there so other opptions then those too i have the password to my old email address but its not giving me that option to send it to my emails just to my old number so in the mean time i had to create this account to talk to the Community or who ever on how to gain access back to my other account its very fustrating having to go throw this hole prosses of creating a new email account just to create a new paypal account just to get a little help on " ON SIMPLE" i would hope question.. can someone please help me with this problem?? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.