PayPal Smart Buttons not calling onApprove

LordZed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using Braintree with PayPal checkout integration and it seems like in some cases the onApprove function of the button is not called. I cannot produce the problem myself, but I see that about 10% of my customers are stuck in checkout and can't continue. I know that `onApprove` is not called, because I added some event tracking into the callback to see when it is called and in all cases where the customer is stuck in the checkout process, the function is not called.

This problem does not always occur, so I don't think it's a general configuration problem. But I'm open for any hint or suggestion.

Anybody had that problem or knows about that problem? I'm currently having no hint where, when and why this issue is happening.

Regards,

Niklas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LordZed
Contributor
Contributor

We added some more logging to the callbacks and I can see, that a lot of people seem to cancel. We get responses from our customers that the get an infinite spinning wheel on the PayPal website and close it. That leads to the `onCancel` being called. I added a popup to contact our support, but we still have about 10% cancels which seems quite high to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.