used BillMeLater to pay, seller never sent the item

paziulek
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i tried to start the dispute process for one of the items purchased on ebay,  ( electronics )

on ebay it says, i used "paypal guest login" during the purchase, and I need to contact paypal.

the paypal dispute asks for paypal transaction ID   billmelater transactions do not show up on paypal...

the only option that I found is to write a letter to billmelater... if this is the only way to get my money back, if this is called "buyer protection" than billmelater is not worth a broken dime in my opinion

should I call ebay? or paypal? or writing a letter to BML is the last option?

Thanks!

paziulek

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

paziulek
Contributor
Contributor

update: I did contact ebay, I was told to call paypal, paypal says I need to fax or mail the dispute to BML...

so basically, it is not easy at all to get the money back if you choose to pay via BML straight from ebay...

I will simply stop using BML... 20% APR sukz anyway... too expensive for such headaches - too difficult to deal with in cases like this... it already cost me almost 2 hours including waiting "for the next available representative..." - and I will probably spend some more to have this solved...

good luck everybody!

paziulek

Login to Me Too

addiboy007
Contributor
Contributor

So did u get your refund?

I have exact same issue... I bought item on ebay and paid for it using billmelater as a paypal guest user because billmelater gave 5% extra cash back. Seller never shipped the item. So i called up paypal and opened a case....not sure what my next steps are......its been more than 7 days since i opened the case......and the case still says 'waiting for sellers action'

Login to Me Too

rosietheripper
New Community Member

The buyer protection plan is pretty much a lie. I am trying to open a case because i recieved a software disc without a valid serial number to install it. The serial number that was sent to me with the disc is invalid and I need to get my money back. The seller already skipped out of ebay and is no longer a registered user. I obviously got ripped off and ebay won't let me open a case because i used bill me later to pay for it. It doesnt matter how I financed my purchase I should still be protected. If this is not resolved and i am out almost 300 dollars i will never buy from ebay again and I will post and email news media because I think others should be careful about spending lots of money on Ebay with such a risk. And ya, I also will never use billmelater ever again for purchases...

Login to Me Too

addiboy007
Contributor
Contributor

call paypal and have them open a case for u manually if u cant open it online by urself. Dont open bill melater case, it takes much longer, so paypal case is better. If they cant find the transaction in your paypal activity tell them you paid it as paypal guest user and tell them to find it in bill me later acitivity. They will take some time but find the transaction and open the case for u. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.