bill me later option

kathyk
Contributor
Contributor

I just found a phone number to contact PayPal and the scoop on this they have an agreement with some other company that offers this billing option-so it isn't PayPal. They must be receiving money because they can not eliminate it form their PayPal site or your account! You have no choice just to have this option come up as your first option with the box to use it already checked. They told me they had no way of posting an account holder complaint against this and to go post on the forum. So here I am and I doubt this will do any good except inform others.

How annoying!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Amanda411

Hi kathyk,

I am sorry for the confusion but Bill Me Later is a PayPal company. Founded in 2000, Bill Me Later was acquired by eBay Inc. in 2008. Find out more information here.

To remove Bill Me Later as a preferred funding source select Bill Me Later in the Financial Information column of your PayPal Profile.

Click “account preferences” or “checkout preference”

Make your preferred selection and then click “Save”

Amanda

Login to Me Too

MrRoger
New Community Member

Amanda,

I found your post after searching through tons of Paypal profile links and forum threads in my effort to change my default payment source so that it is Paypal - and NOT Bill Me Later. 

I followed your instructions by doing the following:

- Went to my PayPal Profile page

- Clicked on Bill Me Later under  Financial Information  

But after that, there was NO option to click “account preferences” or “checkout preference”. Nothing. Nada.  No links like that of any kind on my Paypal Bill Me Later page. 

Clearly both Paypal and Bill Me Later have made this simply change an NEEDLESSLY DIFFICULT effort. 

Case in point - I asked Bill Me Later how to make Paypal my default options and they said the best way was to try making the change during my next Paypal purchase.  WHAT??  They were unable to take care of this on the phone, and there wa no link.  Absurd!!

Then I go to my Paypal account and look over just about EVERY PAGE.  It certainly wasn't easily or readily available info because I CERTAINLY couldn't find anything about it.  Moreover, the Bill Me Later FAQs listing absolutely NOTHING about this. 

For all of us out there who signed up to a Bill Me Later promo and simply did not understand that EVERY PURCHASE made via Paypal would be made by Bill Me Later, there is simply NO EASY, HELPFUL, READILY AVAILABLE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PAYPAL OR BILL ME LATER WHICH TELLS US HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT PAYMENT SOURCE FROM BILL ME LATER BACK TO PAYPAL. 

Worse, when people like me go through all this effort to find answers, we come to a post like yours that doesn't even work. 

It's UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE.   

As of now, I have gone through the hassling steps of sending an email via the Paypal "Contact Us" page to see if I can finally get some answers.  Just rediculous. 

Roger

Login to Me Too

mroyba
Contributor
Contributor

how do i make my bill me later account the preferred payment option through paypal... i cant seem to do that?

Login to Me Too

mroyba
Contributor
Contributor

All I want to do is add my bill me later as an option but I can not. Unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.