Why cant I use BillMeLater everytime I use paypal?

sanchezbrat
New Community Member

I changed my preferred payment to bill me later but I never know when BillMeLater will be used.  It seems really random.  It seems that I'm rarely able to use it and I have a pretty good limit.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

standish
New Community Member

I signed up for Bill Me Later through an offer listed on Ebay when I went to check out an item. I was transferred to Paypal and finished the application. I was accepted and my transaction went through. For the next several Ebay purchases, this worked fine. Then, suddenly it stopped. I doublechecked my line of credit and I had more than enough left to cover my purchase. Yet, every time I would go to the Ebay checkout  and would attempt to use Bill Me Later as my preference of paying, I would get one of those exclamation points within a triangle saying it would not work and I would have to go back to using my regular Paypal account. Finally, I contacted a Paypal representative who told me that there is a "problem" trying to link Ebay with the Bill  Me Later option and that they had no solution at this time (this was around January 15). When I asked when there might be a solution to this issue, I got the standard, "There are many many sites that will accept Bill Me Later blah, blah, blah."  So after this standard speech, I asked once again if I could get an idea of when Ebay and Bill Me Later will be successfully linked. After a pause, the representative said, "Not at this time."  And now, when I check out a purchase at Ebay, Bill Me Later isn't even listed as an option.  Quite frankly, judging from the number of frustrated Ebayers writing about this, this is a major major problem that needs to be addressed immediately, Otherwise, it just feels to me like the old Bait and Switch scam. I hope that is not the case.

Login to Me Too

romeoluv_66

This is a problem that may take legal action to fix. I do have a screenshots to take to an attorney if need be. I bid on an item on ebay that had in the item description page that bill me later was and option of payment for the item. Then when I won the item and proceeded to finalize the payment the BML option was not an option to pay for the item. I have contacted both ebay,paypal, and bill me later to fix the problem and all 3 told me that it was and issue with one of the others. Like they don't care to try and fix the problem. But if it states on the item page that bill me later is and option for payment and then at time to make payment the BML option is not available then that is entrapment and fraud.

Login to Me Too

TexasRotten

I got over $600 available credit but it will not let me use any of it. I've tried a dozen times with Ebay purchases and several Buy.com purchases. Nothing goes through BillMeLater and it does show as an option to pay from my PayPal login page. I get this each and every time: 

Error Message

Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using Bill Me Later® with the option to buy now and pay later. But you can still use PayPal to choose another payment method.

So in the end, I have to opt to use my credit card on file with PayPal. If it's not going to work how do I shut down the BillMeLater account completely?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.