Re: Bill Me Later...BEWARE!

camystymorning
New Community Member

Yep...I too got scammed !!! Trying to get back to regular PayPal Account.  Spoke with someone today BUT Still cant get rid of BML.... DONT SIGN UP FOR THIS..

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Alchi

I signed to BML in May 2010 taking an e-mail by paypal into consideration. If I will sign, I would get 10$ deposit and my payments would start 3 months later than the shopping date whatever the amount of the shopping that I would make. This was definitely what I signed for in ELECTRONIC environment by being directed to my paypal account. Depending on my bonus, I bought an Orabrush set online which is for less than 10$ and the shipment would be the only money that I would pay, 3 months later. I received the Orabrush, everything was fine with my paypal account and after one and a half month bam, I receive an e-mail from paypal regarding to my payment for BML. I sign into my paypal account and I see that I have to pay 16 $ for BML. I click to payment details and instead of payment details I see an account sign in page. I try some different links, there is no way to see the balance because I have no user name and password given to me! I call BML, and they tell me that I have an account number, I take it from them, they also give me a temporary account name but when I try to retrieve my password with these information, again I receive the same message "this account can not be found or something like that". How come??? Then, the lady on the phone tells me that she will send a request e-mail to me for me to reset my account, which they say that is there but the systems says it does not exist. 20 hours passed and still no e-mail. In the end, I called back, the guy that I talked told me that there is NO INDICATION OF 10$ BONUS in my account, and if it would be possible for me to show him any evidence of it. The evidence for an e-mail that I already erased with a link which no one can never be sure that I clicked for 10$ bonus. What can I say? What can I do?  FORTUNATELY the guy that I talked canceled the 5$ late fee and I closed the account by paying 11$.

After this incident, I will also close my paypal account. I lost all my confidence in you, in your services and in your way of business. The money is not important, it could be ever much higher, I would not care. But, as a person who is doing business via paypal regularly I feel like I'm ripped off and this is a horrible feeling.

Login to Me Too

annie-east-coas
Contributor
Contributor

I agree Bill Me Later is a trap and a scam.

They don't tell you in advance of THEIR fees, but they conveniently lure you in under the pretext of "don't pay for 3 months", which is a lie and a scam.

After one month, I was charged interest on my supposed "free 3 months".  I have now cancelled my Bill Me Later account and will never use it again.

I, unfortunately, need Paypal for now, until I find another secure payment method. 

Login to Me Too

sunshine020751
New Community Member

Hi, I wanted to know how they operate? Did you get everything you order right? and did they charge you the right prices for everything?

Login to Me Too

MJackman
New Community Member

It's not a scam ... it's just another option, if you take them up on the offer AND you pay off whatever it is that you bought within the 3 months ... you aren't charged interest even though you can see the accumulation of interest if you check your account.  If you don't pay it off within whatever the timeframe for no interest is then you'll be charged interest.

... all you had to do is do a search on Bill Me Later to get you started on figuring it out for yourself.  There's a website http://www.billmelater.com that you can setup an account on prior to making a purchase or after.  A couple of years ago I used BML to purchase a treadclimber, was too expensive to put it on any of my regular cards and I didn't niavely go into it ... yes they charge interest if you don't pay off the "loan" amount within the specified timeframe, yes the interest is pretty much set in stone (i.e. your credit score doesn't factor in). 

Sometimes the "no interest" offer is 3 months, sometimes it's 6 months, who knows maybe they've got an offer floating around for 12 months too (haven't seen it though) ... any way you look at it though, if you pay off whatever you borrowed within the timeframe then you won't be charged interest.  It's just like using a Home Depot card or a Sears card when they put out those offers of "no interest" for however many months ... you'll still see the interest accumulating if you check your account. 

It's on YOU to pay it off promptly, if you don't then you'll pay more.  Simple.

Login to Me Too

LocoPony
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the original Bill Me Later website for several years and have never had a problem. Their website is w w w DOT billmelater DOT com

When I read PayPal's Bill Me Later fine print (I guess you didn't) I knew right away that it was an unfair to me payment source. PayPal and also eBay has the GREED factor going on and are paying for it by losing paying customers such as you and I. I strongly recommend the "other" BillMeLater site. They have several options for repayment and if you payoff in time, you won't be charged the exorbitant finance charges that most banks charge because of obamanomics. Notice that I didn't make a link to the site because of PayPal censors but you get the picture.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.