Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using Bill Me Later®

ConfusedandMad
New Community Member

What gives?  I too have been getting this message with an attempt to make a purchase on eBay.  I have plenty of "buying power" as BML calls it.  The purchase is for less than half of what I have in buying power.  What gives?  This was the first attempt to use this service and it is fast looking like it will be the last.  What is the purpose of this service when it does not work?  Also, what is with the run around that eBay, PayPal and BML are giving everyone?  Just own up, say there was indeed a glitch and fix it.  This service is completely pointless if it is unusable to a customer that had an account in good standing and plenty of "buying power" to cover a purchase.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

lisha20
New Community Member

I have been having the same exact problem who have had. I have enough buy power and it will not let me make any purchases! I would love to know what is going on with my account. I have tried contacting them and it is just a stupid automated system that can not help you whatsoever. I read what the the guy from paypal said but, it made no sense at all! I really wish someone could give me an answer. Anyone know what is going on with this?

Login to Me Too

BruDaniell
Contributor
Contributor

It is obvious that the really don't care...or they don't have a clue how to market a program.  If they took the TIME to research anyone who complained...especially those that have been active users of PayPal for many years...they would have a way to send an AUTHORIZATION directly to those members.

If they have a way to (and you know they do if they wanted) ...check on how many users were DENIED without resolution, they may find a significant statistic that needs to be addressed.

In this day the companies that really care about the customers are hard to find.  

Login to Me Too

Degeed
New Community Member

I too have been having problems with bill me later, i recently went to  pay for an item on the ioffer web site, I previously purchsed an item from the site about 6 weeks ago,  today I go to pay for another item and it says sorry we are unable to authorize your purchase. I  too have a large available credit amount, Hopefully the seller will not hit me with a non-paying bidder complaint, I have contacted bill me later they tell me to try later they have no idea what the problem could be to contact the seller.

Login to Me Too

bcangel4u2
New Community Member

Hello!  I am having this problem as well.  Only, I think the problem is that the seller selling the item you are buying, just does not accept BillMeLater as a payment option.

Because I bought 2 things using BML, then 5 minutes later I went to purchase a 3rd item, and that message popped up.  So I paid for the item using another payment method, then I went to buy another item, and selected BillMeLater, and it went through like nothing happened.

Login to Me Too

ahnahstazia
New Community Member

Seriously what is the deal, i want some answers, i tried the whole linking the accounts thing and it didnt work. i just set up my paypal account so i havent added any other accounts to it. I just purchased an item on ebay and then decided to purchase the same item again cause I found out that i needed more. When i bought it the first time everything was fine now its not letting buy another! I dont wanna see the same automated messages that pop up. Not all people are computer savvy so can we get an answer in simple english please? Or someone needs to fix whatever is messed up in your systems!!!! I need this product and this is my only option!!!!

Login to Me Too

jcummings81
Contributor
Contributor
I am a new customer to using the Bill Me Later option. Worked great for my first purchase. Unable to make any other purchases without receiving this error. Tried from Walmart.com which is one of the stores participating and also from Bestbuy.com where my initial purchase was made. I have well enough of my limit, as the purchases I'm trying to make are less than $50. Very Frustrating. Have emailed Bill Me Later and yet to receive a response regarding the issue.
Login to Me Too

solmage
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, I cant make any purchases now with the same error as you all get. I have a 500 dollar credit line with over 250 dollars left, cant even make a 20 dollar purchase, sent an email a few days ago to BML with no response, So I just sent another one. I cant get any xmas presents now. Whats up BML/paypal. Whats the issues!!!

Login to Me Too

mommy03
Contributor
Contributor

I had that trouble a few minutes ago,try again and it should let you go through.

Login to Me Too

EpicDiscoDiva
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problems as everyone else. I signed up for the program on the 4th. I made about 13 purchases. over 300 dollars. I have over 150 left. I went to make another purchase three days ago and I was denied. I try everyday since then I e-mailed them and nothing. I was trying to make a purchase of 30 bucks. I plan on paying it all back in two weeks. I don't think this program is for me since I can't get it to work. 

I have tried using eBay and Walmart to make the purchase and nothing. It's telling me I can't.   

Login to Me Too

solmage
Contributor
Contributor

been trying to use it since the 8th of december, still have $250 credit available, I have emailed them twice, and even called them on the phone. The guy on the phone says he cant find any reason why its not going throught but yet it still doesnt work, tried multiple times, different merchants and even small purchases. Still says unable to authorize payment. This makes me very sad because now I cant get presents for my kids but its not like BML cares because as far as they can see theres nothing wrong.... 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.