Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using Bill Me Later®

bubbleboy
New Community Member

As I was checking out and about to pay for a recent eBay purpose, I was offered a $10 discount if I signed up for the Bill Me Later service. I opted, signed up, and received an error message as seen in the topic name. I'm unsure if this meant that I was denied or that the particular eBay seller doesn't support the payment method, but the option still shows up whenever I try to pay for my eBay purchases.

Note that I only use my PayPal account for eBay. I'm not sure if the merchant support of this feature means individual sellers on eBay or the site as a whole.

Any assistance would be most appreciated; thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

powerandenergy
New Community Member

Can someoen help me with this. It comes up in ebay wehn finalizing the payment. Nobody knows and I get stuck in a phone transfer loop.

Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using Bill Me Later® with the option to buy now and pay later. But you can still use PayPal to choose another payment method.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

powerandenergy and bubbleboy- Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts.  The message you're receiving is actually Bill Me Later denying your application.  All transactions with them are subject to a credit approval process. For whatever reason, they're declining your ability to use them.  I apologize that the wording on it is somewhat...vague.

Andy

Login to Me Too

andyps88
Contributor
Contributor
i am actually having this trouble now, i have a $6xx avail balance on BML, ive committed to pay $3xx on a ebay purchase i made earlier this evening..so i go to click pay now through ebay, click to confirm and sign in to pay pal and click switch to BML and clicked confirm to purchase. It says ive been denied and i need to make another payment arrangement basically.. I called BML and they told me that PAYPAL was having issues and that I needed to call Paypal. BML was not seeing that i was being denied a purchase when ive tried twice before she mentioned it. I called paypal and explained the situation on how BML was not receiving any messages that i was being denied a purchase through BML and that i needed to contact you (paypal) to have them fix it. paypal tells me that i need to contact ebay so they transferred me to ebay.. Ive spoken to a rep with Ebay and i explained what was going on and that I was able to confirm that i was paying thru BML and it was deying me a purchased and that billmelater (BML) and pay pal was not seeing that i was trying to do anything such as buying/paying/being denied for an item... Ebay rep had me log into pay pal click send money, pay for ebay item, and click other fundings, source and click paypal wallet and that'll take it to BML and purchase. well the problem was, I could not see or find PAYPAL WALLET or any kind of word that had wallet in it. and she told me I needed to call paypal and ask them where and how I can find my wallet so i can continue my purchase.. end of story, paypal is closed for the night, ill call tomorrow and if i cant pay with my BML i will not be able to purchase my Trikke 8air (whimpers & cries)
Login to Me Too

Deome
New Community Member

I received this message today while trying to make a purchase from a software company. As I have already been approved for Bill Me Later (and paid off my purchases in a timely fashion), I do not understand why I am being told:

"Looks like we're unable to authorize your purchase using Bill Me Later® with the option to buy now and pay later. But you can still use PayPal to choose another payment method."

After logging in to both PayPal and Bill Me Later, I'm unable to find any help for this issue. "Sarah the automated PayPal CSR" was also completely useless. As I only signed up for Bill Me Later so that I could make PayPal purchases on credit (and I'm rather disappointed by how many online sites don't accept PayPal, but that's another matter), being denied for a purchase by Bill Me Later after I've already been approved and established an account rather defeats the purpose of this service.

In short, I'm **bleep** off, and I see no reason to continue using PayPal or Bill Me Later until whatever issue is behind this is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.