How to change default payment source from Bill Me Later back to Paypal

MrRoger
New Community Member

All I want to do is change the default billing option from Bill Me Later back to Paypal. 

It's unbelievable how freakin' DIFFICULT IT IS to find an answer to this simple question.  NO INFORMATION or OPTIONAL CHOICES on the Bill Me Later account page, and the Bill Me Later section in the Financial Information part of PayPal Profile led to a page with zero options (there were no options to click “account preferences” or “checkout preference” as listed elsewhere on this forum. 

I signed up for a Bill Me Later promotion but I did not realize at the time that ALL subsequent transactions would bill to Bill Me Later, rather than Paypal.  It's amazingly stupid how difficult it has been to simply change it back. 

Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

JPC
Contributor
Contributor

I had just talked to someone at Paypal and for some reason no one checks out this web site with all these questions. So i called and they were unaware of this matter. So i went through it step by step with them and they said for some reason Bill Me Later was over riding the paypal option and they would look into it. I love the way that they have Moderators on this site but they are not willing to give or get answers for anyone.

Login to Me Too

zoneout
Contributor
Contributor

Thats because the moderators here are the same numbskulls that cannot answer you when you call PP on the phone

Login to Me Too

Jesrock
New Community Member

Even changing back your preference won't change anything. I NEVER had Bill Me Later as the default payment. I even verified my preferences, yet BML keeps hijacking my orders. I even called Paypal and BML and each has no idea why it's happening. BML *claims* that there's an option for the funding source when I checkout and I am choosing BML. **bleep** them hijacking my order, so I'm canceling BML before I do any more ordering. 

Login to Me Too

PhilJohnson
New Community Member

@Jesrock wrote:

Even changing back your preference won't change anything. I NEVER had Bill Me Later as the default payment. I even verified my preferences, yet BML keeps hijacking my orders. I even called Paypal and BML and each has no idea why it's happening. BML *claims* that there's an option for the funding source when I checkout and I am choosing BML. **bleep** them hijacking my order, so I'm canceling BML before I do any more ordering. 

So tell us please, exactly how you called BML and at what number?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ChrisPBux
New Community Member

The toll-free Customer Support phone number for BML is here.  Based on my experience, you might have to call around a dozen times before you don't get a busy signal.  But I've called several times, and it DOES eventually get you through to someone at BML.

I've also talked extensively with a CSR @ BML regarding the "gray-out" issue, where BML is shown as a payment method option, but grayed-out, and cannot be selected.  They've indicated this is due to a programming change that the folks at Paypal made, but their techs apparently didn't communicate this with the techs at BillMeLater BEFORE Paypal's folks made those programming changes.  So Paypal's got a TON of users upset because it's not available after they successfully win an item on eBay.  From what I can read, they've also got a ton of people upset that they can't find where to change their "default payment method" on Paypal.    P.S. I can't seem to find it either.

Login to Me Too

Kittenz
New Community Member

Hope you guys already figured out how to do this.  If not login into PP and click on "My Bill Me Later Summary" on the welcome page.  The link is small to the right of and above your BML balance.

On the next page on the right there is a box.  It'll either say "BML is my preferred way to pay. Change" or the opposite.  You should have it from there.  Remember to save.

HHT

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.