How do you turn off Bill Me Later?

gangwa
New Community Member

How do I turn off Bill Me Later?  I signed up to use it for one purchase and now ALL my purchases are getting billed to it even though I don't recall selecting it at checkout time (I remember seeing it as a selection and purposely not selecting it).

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kwl20
New Community Member

Anyone know the answer? I need to turn this off as well but fcan't find a way to do so, thank...

Login to Me Too

ANB
New Community Member

Me too...I wrote to bill me later customer service and papal, waiting for their reply

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi ANB,

Here’s how to remove Bill Me Later as your default payment method for your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Profile.”
  3. Click “Bill Me Later" under Financial Information. 
  4. Under “Manage Bill Me Later Account," click to remove Bill Me Later as your preferred payment method.

If you are considering closing your Bill Me Later (BML) account, you need to call BML at 866-528-3733 between 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time, 7 days a week, to let them know you are closing your BML account.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

fydlstyx
New Community Member

Yeah, except Remove Bill Me Later doesn't EXIST.  What a bunch of crooks.  For those of you who are being scammed, I discovered that if you click MAKE Bill Me Later My Default on the screen helpful Amanda is talking about, from THERE you can click to change it and make it NOT your default.  I cannot believe that Pay Pal has stooped to the levels of rip off and scam artists to funnel money into Bill Me Later.  It's disgusting.

@PayPal_Amanda wrote:

Hi ANB,

Here’s how to remove Bill Me Later as your default payment method for your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Profile.”
  3. Click “Bill Me Later" under Financial Information. 
  4. Under “Manage Bill Me Later Account," click to remove Bill Me Later as your preferred payment method.

If you are considering closing your Bill Me Later (BML) account, you need to call BML at 866-528-3733 between 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time, 7 days a week, to let them know you are closing your BML account.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Keith_Hennessey
New Community Member

I called the toll-free number Amanda provided and was able to quickly cancel my Bill Me Later account.

I agree -- BML is far from the standards I have come to expect from PayPal.  I couldn't stand BML, and was frustrated that it was so easy to sign up but so difficult to cancel.

Also, I suspect that the flood of credit offer spam I received in my email and on my cell phone was triggered by BML.

PayPal's association with BML has hurt PayPal's reputation with me.

Login to Me Too

JJLL
Contributor
Contributor
LOL WHAT Paypal reputation are you referring to?? Paypal is known for it's near-scam practices... no protection for buyers, always defaulting to drawing funds from your bank account instead of credit card, and now their latest money making scheme... and now that BML is part of Paypal (Paypal bought BML in 2008), I'm not surprised at all that they try to trcik people again by defaulting everything to BML. I'm cancelling the stupid BML account right away.
Login to Me Too

kwillis11
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to get a pop up to stop coming up when I go from eBay to PayPal.   An hour and a half on the phone has gained me nothing but frustration.  The one number I got to a "one-trick pony" customer service agent was 888-223-0515 where they could allow you to opt-out of Bill Me Later if you have an account.  They couldn't help my problem but maybe can solve yours.

I'm building this all up for a post  on The Consumerist web Page.

Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

csprop
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU PAYPAL AMANDA. !! I have gone thru everything everyone else has stated with BML

I did everything Amanda said and the only thing I had to do differently was to hit ZERO twenty times when they asked for a reply. 

(I find the Zero key works with MOST automated company systems.)

Login to Me Too

rising206
New Community Member

888-567-8688

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.