Class-Action against Bill Me Later

axekicker
New Community Member

Let me know if you're interested in participating in a possible CAL against BML and its deceptive marketing practices. Remember, there is strength in numbers. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

HadIt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Ohio.  Is there anyway I can join?  I just signed in October and have a bill almost twice as much as I charged.

Login to Me Too

pupbiking

yes i thought i had 6 months to pay my account now i find they have charged me a 35.00 late fee for a late payment talk about a ripoff 

Login to Me Too

rebcat
Contributor
Contributor

Start by comtacting your state attorney and tell him what's going on.and give him the web address of this community forum. If you know a business attorney, give him this info and see what he says. I know somwone was going to do this, but I don't see his message anymore.

Login to Me Too

DrJackArute
New Community Member

It is a very effectives cheme that has lured in even the most vigilant of consumers . People get tripped up and then held hostage with their credit score. When you break down how they do it, it's evident that it's by design and that's what's going to eventually bring them down. Too many are afraid of getting their credit dinged to play hardball with them so I think a better way to go about it would  be to light a fire under  government prosecutors (Federal or state) and persuading

them to indict BML for their use of deceptive trade practices. They would have a case for BML blatantly disregarding collection laws. A class action suit just pads attorney's wallets and does very little to assuage our grievances. They really are scumbags.

Login to Me Too

WinBro777JOT
Contributor
Contributor

Somebody please explain to me what is required to use the Bill Me Later alleged-service.

I just tried to use BML tonight on Saturday, January 21, 2012, 8:45 PM, to make a total $138 purchase of two violins and a guitar from two separate vendors.

Is it $99 on one line-item only?  

Is it $99 per vendor?

Is it $99 per total purchase sent through Paypal at any given moment?

If my payment is a few minutes or a day or two late, and I have posted a payment to cover the BML monthly amount, am I being denied BML because my monthly charge still shows on my account, since they will not be processing the posting, until Monday?

Am I merely a greyhound chasing a bunny around the track?  Who benefits, if I win?  What odds are being bid on my number?

Is there anybody out there at Paypal or Bill Me Later who cares?  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😕

Login to Me Too

spencil
New Community Member

I get an email saying my "statement" for Bill Me Later is ready.  But I cannot access the statement.  I am not stupid.  After reading this forum, I suspect my statement would say that I have not yet paid for what I thought I paid for when I paid for something via PayPal last month.

I used to like PayPal.  Now I hate it.

Login to Me Too

DebiH

Same with me.. I have tried 3 xs in 2days and its like the cc section on my pp page has just disappeared?? 

My pp credit card identity was just stolen last wk to the amount of $2k + . That cc NEVER has left my house so watch out.!

Is there anyone else out there who's recently had this happen ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.