Billmelater link to paypal?

magicness
Contributor
Contributor

how long does it take for my billmelater account to show on my paypal account? I signed up with bml by purchasing an item on ebay. I made an account on the bml site and the payment has been posted but Im still not seeing it on paypal. I want to be able to pay this bill with paypal.

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

396mww
New Community Member

just scroll to the bottom of the user terms then the consent will high lite

Login to Me Too

lmcarson
New Community Member

Thank God! I am not the only one! This is insane! What happen to PayPal being "the easier way to pay"?!  Hello?!?!?! Company peeps? There is no BillMeLater link under Profile in PayPal and no option at check out either!!! FIX IT!!!

Login to Me Too

wolverine2281

Use your PayPal account

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click Schedule a Payment in the Bill Me Later section.
  4. Follow the steps to complete your payment.

Or

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
  5. Follow the steps to complete your payment.

Does not work for me. I would be nice as an option on BML's website to pay with another method other than your bank account

Login to Me Too

gardeningmom130
New Community Member

OK...after spending TEN DAYS trying to resolve an issue, I FINALLY managed to get a Paypal representative and a Bill Me Later representative on the phone on a conference call (EVERY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE SAID THIS COULD NEVER BE DONE...I FINALLY FOUND ONE WHO SAID, "THAT'S EASY TO DO").  What we discovered is that when you're checking out on ebay and just choosing the Bil Me Later option, Bill Me Later is creating a "guest" account for you...their payments are going through but the seller in turn is NOT getting paid because it's not linking back to your ebay account.

Instead, how you should be checking out is choosing the Paypal option and going through the motions with that.  It will pop up with a little (I mean LITTLE...it's tiny) message that says, "do you want to pay through Bill Me Later?" with a TINY hyperlink that says, something like, "get more info".  If you choose THIS option, it will create a payment (at least in theory) through Bill Me Later and NOW your accounts will link.

They cannot link your accounts manually.  The only way the accounts link is by having a successful payment go through (I know..a pain in the backside).  

At any rate...PayPal was able to issue a credit BACK to my Bill Me Later account that posted but was not paying to the seller.  That got resolved.  I was then able to go back through ebay and do the payment over again, this time looking for the tiny print and voila...it worked.

But HOLY COW...it took 10 days of calls to ebay, Paypal AND Bill Me Later, and for 9 days they were all blaming each other for the problem.  Way to go corporate merger!  NOT.  

Hope this helps someone else.  The guys I talked to: at PayPal was "David" and at Bill Me Later was "Tyrell".

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

zydog
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate what you went thru, but it doesn't help me. There is NOTHING that says anything on any page about Billmelater , tiny or otherwise, after I log into paypal after purchase and checking out on ebay.

Doesn't matter to me now, as they will never get my business EVER after all this carp.!!!!

Login to Me Too

gardeningmom130
New Community Member

Sorry it didn't work for you.  I totally agree that it is COMPLETELY **bleep**ed up.  Even though it worked out (finally) for me, I will NEVER use Bill Me Later on an ebay purchase again.  It was a nightmare.  I used Bill Me Later for tons of other companies and they have always been great....it's also completely ridiculous that as a subsidiary of PayPal, that Bill Me Later absolutely refuses to initiate communication with Paypal (and claims they're not allowed to).  Hope you get it worked out.

Login to Me Too

baby_mogwai
New Community Member

According to what the paypal help desk rep just told me, just because you have paypal and bill me later does not mean the ebay seller has to accept bill me later.  This, she told me, is why I do not have the option at all to make the payment through bill me later.  

I thought the whole point was to use the BML account like a bank/credit account and not need the seller to have to accept it!  I am totally frustrated and now will have a strike against my name because they misrepresented what can and cannot be done with bill me later through paypal.

Login to Me Too

nanag
Contributor
Contributor

I have no Bill Me Later link anywhere on my Paypal account.  I have checked every day since I made the Ebay purchase and was accepted into the Bill Me Later program.  I can get into my Bill Me Later account through their website but can't find the link on Paypal and their "virtual" help is no help at all.....seems from what I am reading that it is a problem for many of us.  Has anyone figured it out yet?

Login to Me Too

JDS1
Contributor
Contributor

Be gald you dont have a bill me later button. my mom used that and 11 time paypal tryed to charge here for a 3.99 item over the couse of 13 days, each time she deputed it and even after they sent here a appoligy email they went and charged here paypal again for it!!!!

Login to Me Too

plankster35
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, with everyone else.  No BML link.  My payment is due Monday and you watch, im gonna get hit with a $35 late charge, because i cant use my paypal balance, which is sustantial, to make this payment.  I guess im gonna have to call Monday, if they are open then.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.