Bill me later scam

70bushHA
New Community Member

I don't see Bill me later as a positive for Pay Pal.   I have been a pay pal member for years, and now I am getting a bill from another company that pay pal provided information to.   No Thank-you I will Pay now, and not later.   Do not sell, or share my information with any company with prior permission. 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

beware_of_bml
Contributor
Contributor

There is plenty different with Bill Me Later compared to other credit cards.

First and foremost, can you name any other credit card that will open an account for you without your entire social security number?  BML does.

I'm posting on this forum just to warn anyone out there to please beware of this organization.  They are allowing people to open credit accounts in your name with just your last 4 of your social security number, duplicate names, "jane doe jane doe" as the account holder.

Now, because of this fraud that happened to me, I will never ever use paypal again.  Never, no matter what.  I thoroughly enjoy purchasing goods on ebay, but never again.  Paypal is linked with BML.  So, if you're a seller, beware, if you are using paypal, beware.

To any of you defending Bill Me Later, how can you?  How can you defend a company opening credit accounts using just the last 4 of anyone's social security numbers, not using legal names and then acting as if they don't have the ability to track just which ISP the actual individual who opened the account came from?

It seems that the company has many issues, and telephoning them is, indeed, a nightmare.

Login to Me Too

cjggc

I got a call from Bill Me Later saying i owed all this money.  What?  I never asked to use Bill me Later.  Evidently Paypal sent my bill to them instead of using the debit card I have on file or the balance I have w/ them.  Now, without know it, and nothing sent to me in email form, Bill me later says I owe insertion fees and late fees. I've used paypal for years, but  NOT happy with them at all. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.