Bill me later scam

70bushHA
New Community Member

I don't see Bill me later as a positive for Pay Pal.   I have been a pay pal member for years, and now I am getting a bill from another company that pay pal provided information to.   No Thank-you I will Pay now, and not later.   Do not sell, or share my information with any company with prior permission. 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

muddynyc
New Community Member

I just wrote this to Paypal:

I'm absolutely astounded by your new service "Bill Me Later"

It is the shadiest, scamiest service I've run into in a long time. Why on earth would PayPal offer such a piece of garbage? It's an absolutely transparent attempt to confuse customers and tack on huge penalty fees. I fully intend to report it to the BBB.

Word travels very quickly on the WWW and there are other web payment services available. I am absolutely going to look into your competitors offerings

Shocked,

Mark

Login to Me Too

vgann
Contributor
Contributor

This bill me later crap is just short of being a criminal activity.  I never wanted to use this but for some reason my purchases were transfered to them.  This isn't right and I am throwing a fit over it. 

Login to Me Too

becketma
Contributor
Contributor

I too am feed up with PayPal constantly trying to get me to use Bill Me Later.

They got me once for funds I sent to help support a wb site.

I REFUSE to set up an account so that I can tell those wretched crooks I DO NOT want Bill Me Later!!!!

I used to find it easier to just clink use PayPal to make on line purchases.  Now it is just a ppain in the **bleep** to have to constantly say NO!!!!!!.

As a result, I use my credit card now and say NO!!!! to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

JPM
New Community Member

I've been wrestling with Bill Me Later for the past six months as well.

Just looks to me like a mechanism to try and force a direct linkage to my bank account - which is not going to happen.  Try as I might I can't disable it and since I have three or four people in the home using this paypal account every now and then one of'em inadvertently get something charged to Bill Me Later.

Bill Me Later will not take a credit card payment.  I have to mail'em a check.  They don't send snail mail bills - just email notices that are easy to miss at bill paying time.  Then they charge late fees and interest that , as far as I know, I've never agreed to pay.

The longer PayPal stays in bed with these jerks the more your reputation is damaged - at least in this household.

--JPM

Login to Me Too

vgann
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  I don't know what I'm going to do to get these jerks to leave me alone.  I know one thing, I'll never use paypal again if this is whats going to happen.

Login to Me Too

rebcat
Contributor
Contributor

I just called Paypal customer service which IS NOT in the USA and go hung up on. It may have not been his fault but i was talking to them about charges to Bill Me Later that should have come out of my bank account.  He said I can fix paypal so it does not default to bill me later then the line went dead...like i would ever get the same person back so I didn't call back.

Login to Me Too

BeadBuddies
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree.  I paid $60 in interest and fees on one stupid small transaction that I never even got a bill for.   Even after paying ever stupid penny they wanted, the next month they e-mail me saying I owe more money on it.  I think it is a criminal activity and will definitely be reporting it.  This is a financial institution and should be acting like one.  I also called them to get the extra fees removed and the account closed and someone promised they would.  Guess what?  Today the balance says 07 cents which if it doens't get removed will result in more late fees. 

Login to Me Too

temp11292011z

I just want to ditto what everyone have said so far.

I was unaware that a payment of mine from 2 months ago went to BML and now I get this bill with a late fee.

Some retailers don't even go to the PayPal site to allow you to choose your payment option anymore. Woot.com is one of those, they just magically charge your paypal leaving you wondering whether it will be deducted from your credit card or your bank account on file.  And now this stupid useless piece of crap termed Bill(**bleep**) Me Later becomes default without my knowledge. And there is NO EFFING way to unlink the two "services" short of a long cumbersome process of phone and mail tag back and forth.  And another thing, since this is part of PayPal, AND PayPal already has my bank info for funds, WHY DO NOT THEY JUST DEDUCT FROM THERE AUTOMATICALLY?! That was the whole point of PayPal in the first place.  Why is there a middle man to deceive me to to rack up late fees?

Login to Me Too

gunrunnerjohn
Contributor
Contributor

How does one get PayPal to STOP spamming them for this worthless service?  Enough is enough, they already take a slice out of all my payments, I don't feel the need to give them more!  I'm getting tired of refusing to sign up half the time I go into my account. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Login to Me Too

Andreas2k10
Contributor
Contributor

From their website:

What forms of electronic payment are accepted?

You can pay your Bill Me Later account online using either a checking or savings account. We do not accept credit cards.

Are there other ways to pay my Bill Me Later bill?

You can pay your Bill Me Later account online using either a checking or savings account.

To pay by our automated phone service...
To pay by phone, please call 866-528-3733
So, if you pay your stuff when it is due via your bank or phone there should not be any confusion.
If you are not checking your e-mail and miss a bill and date...that is on you.
I bought a couple of things, one withouty interest for 6 month. These will be all paid in january, leaving me extra cash for the holidays.
I do not see anything different from a credit card here. Just don't think u get free money here. Be aware of what you are buying and already know you can pay it back. Done. Where is the scam?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.