BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

bodie1252000
New Community Member
for some weird reason paypal signed me up for bill me later without me realizing it and twice now its hit me for late payments with no notice of a bill from anybody.  I hate bill me later and swore I would never use it again but got a bill forwarded without my consent from paypal. 
Login to Me Too

lookin4you777
Contributor
Contributor

I called (866)528-3733 and demanded immediate cancellation and closing of my bill me later account.  I was informed that the account was being closed but that I had a $10 balance due.  I sent a PayPal payment to cover the charge so that I don't encounter any outrageous late charges as a result of this bill me later $10 balance.

Login to Me Too

lancephoto
Contributor
Contributor

Jesus! Is there any way to get them to stop offering me the Bill Me Later opton at every single turn??? This is getting so very annoying! I have been with PayPal for about 10 years and never really complained about anything. But this is really just too much. 

Hey - I understand! - I have the option to be billed later! Now stop trying to convince me to do it! - The final payment screen almost fools you into clicking the Bill Me Later button! - After trying to ignore it on 4 other pages, I'm confronted with it as an obstacle before I can pay normally. - Is there any way to stop this onslaught???

I'm afraid I'm going to click it by accident because it is EVERYWHERE! - I'm sure others have hit it by accident.

Please cease this terrible practice!

Any response????

Login to Me Too

meisjen86
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. Your personal info like the last four of your social and dob had to be entered to establish the account.  You also had to agree to the terms.  If this is in fact true, you need to get a lawyer and sue for personal damages.

Login to Me Too

innoh
New Community Member

I agree.  I have a bill with billmelater that I can't pay because I can't login to their website.  When I call the 866 number it's a recording asking me to enter my 16-digit account number THAT I DON'T HAVE.  It's impossible to get in touch with a live person. The company purposely does this so that I pay my bill late so that they can then charge me exorbitant late fees.  When is the class action suit happening for billmelater?   

Login to Me Too

jackw3306
Contributor
Contributor

I have two problems with BML. First, Ebay/PayPal automatically charges my purchases to BML. Secondly, BML changed my billing preference to electronic without my knowledge or consent. I have never received an electronic statement, so I have never been aware that a payment was due. As a result, I've twice been charged a $25.00 late fee. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR SCAM, CANCEL YOUR BILL-ME LATER ACCOUNT NOW. 

Login to Me Too

Mamounow
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing happened to me -- I didn't get the electronic bill and then got charged a huge late fee for a much smaller charge.  And after I thought I had cancelled BillMeLater, I FINALLY got an electronic notice, telling me that my bill is "ready" and giving me a link.  I nearly panicked, until I went online and found that my account balance is ZERO.  What is wrong with these people????

Login to Me Too

rodforshort
Contributor
Contributor

I have a 0.00 balance at Bill me Later. I tried to purchase three items on eBay all had the option logo. On one the option was available I used it and it worked. On the other two I got this error message.

We're sorry, but this Bill Me Later® offer is not available at this time. You can still choose Bill Me Later® by logging into your PayPal account or you can select a different way to pay. 
The Bill Me Later button in PayPal was grayed out and not available.

So now I cannot trust Bill Me Later as an option. This renders it useless.

Login to Me Too

jjb1981
New Community Member

I just got scammed by this bill me later also. I bought some contact lenses from 1800contacts and the only option that I had to pay with was bill me later. So I did that and signed up and went through all that so that I could pay for the contacts and be done, but they wouldn't let me. They said I had to wait so long before I could pay. I tried logging in 2 more times on 2 different days to pay this off, and it still wouldn't let me. So, I log on today and it let me make the payment, but they've added a $2.00  interest fee, and a $25.00 late fee.  This has to be one of the biggest scams out there, so watch out folks. I thought I was going to save about $10.00 on my contact lenses by buying from 1800contacts, but instead I'm spending $17.00 more than what I would've paid if I would have sopped in at my vision center  and picked them up, same day. I am about to write a letter to 1800contacts and see what thy have to say.

Login to Me Too

jackw3306
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously, as long as BML/PayPal/Ebay can keep scamming people using their dishonest tactics they have no incentive to stop until someone or group files a law suit to stop them! There are too many potential victims on the net for them to care how unhappy their customers are.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.