BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

matt-thrive
New Community Member

How do I remove Bill Me Later as a payment option? I am doing an online registration form with PayPal and I've had registrants accidentally use the Bill Me Later option and I don't want that to happen. How can I de-activate this from my account?

Login to Me Too

bestofme
New Community Member

I do not want to use BillMeLater ever, ever, again.  EVER!  I do not want this service as my PayPal payment default.  I want to cancel it.  I do not want it. It is too hard to miss their email bills.  I do not want their little hands in my bank account.  I do not want them or their invasive service.

I want to use PayPal with my credit cards, where I have purchase protection.  How to I cancel this?

Login to Me Too

PeterVT
Contributor
Contributor

Bestofme - I understand your frustration! There are various references throughout this forum to the information you need, but it can't hurt to post this again so more people can find it. I quote from Amanda:

"If you are considering closing your Bill Me Later (BML) account, you need to call BML at 866-528-3733 between 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern time, 7 days a week, to let them know you are closing your BML account."

It worked for me - that's the good news! I did, however, need a 16-digit account number that I'd never received, so had to be creative with the phone menu in order to speak to a real live person (staying silent seemed to be the only option!) That person was helpful, although apparently was not permitted to confirm the account closure by email, so I insisted on a letter, which I duly received.

Good luck.

PS It would be great if EVERYBODY who disapproves of BML were to contact PayPal to let them know that they're damaging their previously good reputation by maintaining this association with BML. I certainly have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.