BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

Mamounow
Contributor
Contributor

You were lucky that you actually GOT bills -- I received one bill, which I paid promptly, and didn't recall charging anythign else.  Then I got my second bill two months later saying that I was late for a small charge, and adding a $35 late fee for a bill I never received (I searched my SPAM filter too) and the "late fee" was significantly higher than the original charge.  This is really a scam, or at least a badly run business, and the fees are far in excess of ANYTHING that is reasonable. That's why congress passed the Credit Card bill of rights, and I think this is a way to act like a credit card (e.g. outrageous late fees) without being covered by the consumer's bill of rights.

Login to Me Too

Mamoza
New Community Member
I have been a loyal BML customer for years - long before they linked with Paypal. I have never had any problems. It's like an electronic credit card - you never have to carry it in your wallet. Make your payments on time and no worries just like any other type of credit. The only thing that has changed is the minimum payment is $35 even if your balance is only $40. Like any other credit it is there if you need it - just don't use it if you cannot afford it!
Login to Me Too

lookin4you777
Contributor
Contributor

Well now count your blessings.   You are one of a very few satisfied customers.

Login to Me Too

jules12005
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using BML since Christmas and I have had a very positive experience so far. Actually I was delighted with the service they offered.

Login to Me Too

studio47

Just wait until you are the victim of a cyber criminal BillMeLater will immediately close your account no questions asked and they will not pursue the criminal. With the amount of cyber crime out there it is just a matter of time!

Login to Me Too

curiousT
New Community Member

I just want to know how long u have to pay off a balance before interest is charged. Does the interest occur even if ur paying monthly and on time?

Login to Me Too

studio47

I have been a good credit customer of BillMeLater for years as well BUT that is not enough. If you are the victim of a cyber criminal BillMeLater will close YOUR acoount and you can NEVER EVER open another account and they will not pursue the cryber criminal.

Login to Me Too

Meeesa
I agree. I find that if you READ all the terms and conditions regarding ANYTHING you do on the Internet, you'll escape any kind of turmoil or issues. I've used BML for tons of stuff. If you pay attention to the statements and due dates, it's nothing more than like "an online credit card."
Login to Me Too

studio47

NOT SO FAST!  If you are the victime of a cyber criminal BillMeLater will close your account and you will NEVER EVER be able to open another account.  This is a company to stay away from for sure!  I even have the name and address of the cyber criminal and they will not pursue this guy!

Login to Me Too

BSdetector
Contributor
Contributor

Deception and deceit: eBay owns PayPal, paypal owns the horrible bilk-you-later fly-by-night credit scammers. DO YOURSELF THE JUSTICE: AVOID THE BILL ME LATER SCAM , YOU WILL NEVER KNOW A BETTER "SLEEP NUMBER." NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION, WASTED HOURS TRYING TO UNDO THE SECOND YOU CLICKED "LINK MY ACCOUNT"... CAN'T UNLINK WITHOUT CALLING THE KREMLIN ... PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A BIG SERVING OF CONDESCENSION AND DROOLING SCRIPT READERS...QUEUE THE DUDE " HELLO MY NAME IS PEGGY" HOURS OF RUN AROUND AWAIT YOU. CALL BILKULATER, NO, NO, GOT TO CALL PAYPAL, NO, NO, CALL PAYPAL, PAYPAL BOUNCE YOU BACK TO BILKULATER. ONE BIG SCAM. YOUR $10 SIGNUP BONUS TURNS INTO $50 SURCHARGE WHEN YOU NEVER GET BILLED LATER. YOU ONLY GET BILKED. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT BIG FINANCIAL SCAM OF THE NEW DECADE, EBAY, PAYPAL, BILLYOULATER SCAMMING THEIR CUSTOMER BASE JUST TO SQUEEZE THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY OUT OF 1.5% FEE. 12 YEARS NO NEGATIVE EBAY FEEDBACK, 11 YEARS NO PROBLEM WITH PAYPAL BUYING OR SELLING...ONE SECOND CLICKING BILL-ME-LATER...I'M READY TO QUIT ALL THREE FOR LIFE. COMMON SENSE SAYS IF YOU CAN LINK IN ONE CLICK, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNLINK JUST AS QUICKLY. COMMON DECENCY DEMANDS IT, NOT THIS TOTAL LACK OF ETHICS. SOMEONE CALL THE COPS, HIDE YOUR WALLET. TRULY A SCAM.

X-11

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.