BILL ME LATER is a scam, impossibe to cancel

Tin

I am furious about the deceptive sceens which falsely lead the paypal user in to the Bill Me Later business.  Further, it is impossibel to determine how to cancel the connection with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too
132 REPLIES 132

ladybell

Yeah just wait! I have purchased several items with them and paid it off before the interest accured, but this last time I looked and saw charges that I didn't know what for, I found out that they were taking my purchases, that were to be paid in full by my primary bank!  through PayPal, Maybe they got **bleep** because they wern't making any money on me, I always paid the balance before any interest was charged. Now they fixed it to where I got to pay, Well they will pay before I am done!!

Login to Me Too

studio47

Just wait until your account is hacked by a cyber criminal. BillMeLater will close your account and you can NEVER get another account. Still trying to get rid of the BillMeLater link to PayPal

Login to Me Too

skibop
Contributor
Contributor

i have had no problems with this account and got a lot of cool stuff on credit that i never had before

Login to Me Too

teacherguy

I agree with the class action lawsuit.  I just posted a similar response seconds ago.  If you lead the way or know someone who can - I will be on board with it.  We got off the phone with a BML rep who admitted that is how they make their money.

Login to Me Too

madashel1

I agree I have never been so distraught from a company as "bill me later".  I originally signed up for the $10's off a purchase and it's been a nightmare ever since.  I was finally able to pay it with my credit card only to find out two month's later that pay pal defaulted my purchases to bill me later.  I didn't even know to a month after that because I had told them I never wanted to do business with them again and they promised to close my account.  I paid what I owed to them but their coming after me for a frigging $29.00 that they deemed as interest.  HOW CAN THEY BE STOPPED????????????

Login to Me Too

INDY_LX
Contributor
Contributor

I agree completely. I just recently was going to try to purchase something using billmelater for the 1st time only to find out that I already have an account. Obviously I cannot access this account because I do not know the username or pword. I contacted customer service only to find out that I have to wait 180 DAYS before I get a detailed summary of my account sent to me in writing! WHAT THE *Bleep*!!!! is THAT??? If anyone is considering a CLASS ACTION LAWSUITE please email me *email removed by mod* Im sure we would have NO PROBLEM finding a lawyer who will take this case.

mod edit: Email address removed.  Please review forum decorum .

Login to Me Too

Ffoper
Contributor
Contributor

listen and listen good i would like to pay off my bill me later account  please  email me because i am bein taken for anasty ride thx

Login to Me Too

orcaview

I signed up for the Bill Me Later feature when they offered no payment for 6 months and a $10 discount.  The merchandise was defective and I returned it.  I have all the documentation and sent it  via registered mail with a Dispute Form to Bill me Later.  Now the seller says she never received the merchandise and they are billing me again.  Also they seemed to have lost the fact that this original bill was not due until September.I originally ordered the items in April.  The sellers credit card was credited for the amount in May.  She uses a catalog Company called Collections, Etc and they ship freight free.  I have an e-mail form Collections, Inc saying they received the merchandise.  I will never use Bill Me Later again.  Much better to skip Pay Pal altogether and use my American Express for paying.  THEY listen and correct errors on the spot.  Oh yes, they cancelled the $10 promotion on my account also.  I am now out the freight for returning the item via UPS and the cost of the registered letter with the dispute and documentation plus Bill Me later wants me to pay for the returned merchandise or they will add service charges to my account!!!!!!!!  How frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

iynque

I'm not bothering to read the other replies, but I finally figured it out and so I want to share here, since I found this thread while looking for the answers myself.

Everything PayPal offers will mislead you, and in fact the person I just talked to on the phone gave me the incorrect information as well. You DO NOT go into history, transactions, or any of that. There is a special little section for these transactions that is ridiculously hard to recognize as the right link to click:

When you first log in, you should be at the My Account Overview. If you need to find it, just click on the My Account tab at the top, and just below that is the Overview link, which should already be active if you have just clicked on My Account.

Now, about halfway down the page is the Bill Me Later summary section.

What you're looking for is in the top right-hand corner of that box, "My Bill Me Later summary."

Click on that and you should be able to see the scheduled payment(s) and there will be a cancel link. Just click it and confirm you want to cancel!

Login to Me Too

choicesabound2u
Contributor
Contributor

Call 1-866-528-3733.  You cannot cancel online at this time but after calling this number, press 0 to speak to an account representative and tell them you want to cancel.  The man I spoke to was very friendly and canceled it while I was on the phone with him. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.