Age limit on PayPal bill me later

Linzer35
New Community Member
Why do I have to be 18 to use paypals Bill Me Later I am 17 have my own bank account and debit card and have bought numerous things on eBay I have a job and everything Why??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LINYbob
Contributor
Contributor

BML is essentially offering you a line of credit. You must be of legal age to sign a contract which is what a line of credit basically is. As a minor they can not come after you for not paying as you are not old enough in the eyes of the law to sign a contract. So if they did give you an account, they could not come after you!!

Interestingly I have the opposite problem. My much younger teenage son was able to set up a BML account using a false SSN # and false birthday. He just randomly came up with 4 digits for the SSN and put down a date way in the past and their system took it! I am trying desperately to contact someone at BML to explain to me how he could do this and to shut this down, but no one is too interested - I am not getting any responses from BML to my inquiries.

I guess you should just do as he did and then run up the bills. As a minor they legally can't come after you! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.