Reply to topic
pugboys2008
pugboys2008 Member
Kudos: 0

unable to unlink bank account

I have two paypal accounts. I am in the process of closing one that has funds in it.  I removed my bank account from the other paypal account and wanted to add it to the account that is closing to withdrawl the funds. I keep getting the message that the account is still linked to another paypal account.  I go to the help menu and this is what it telling me:

• Click Profile near the top of the page.*
  • Click Bank Accounts under Financial Information. (Don’t see this step? Follow the instructions below.) (I do not see this option)
  • Select the bank account to remove and click Remove.

Or:

• Click Profile near the top of the page.*
  • Click My money. (I do not see this option)
  • Click Update next to Bank accounts
  • Select the bank account to remove and click Remove.

* Everytime I select Profile then Add or Edit bank account, it takes me to the link your account and this is the message that it keeps giving me:

That bank account is already assigned to another PayPal account. For security purposes, each bank account may only be assigned to one PayPal account. Please use a different bank account.

Now I do not know which account that my bank account is linked to.

This is the computer system information I am using.  I am using a Mac Intel with OS 10.5.8 and Firefox 3.6. 

0 Kudos
ForumHelper
ForumHelper New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: unable to unlink bank account

Hello.

I followed the steps your provided above and I could manage to remove the bank account that was linked to my PayPal Acc.

EyHlMZ.png

There you go.

0 Kudos
Robin01
Robin01 Contributor
Contributor
Kudos: 1

thanks for the info :smileyhappy: - this is what i was needing...
0 Kudos
bella4126
bella4126 Member

I am having the same problem and I am not getting any help from Paypal. This is very frustrating. Enough to make me close my accounts and never use them again.

0 Kudos