unable to unlink bank account

pugboys2008
Contributor
Contributor

I have two paypal accounts. I am in the process of closing one that has funds in it.  I removed my bank account from the other paypal account and wanted to add it to the account that is closing to withdrawl the funds. I keep getting the message that the account is still linked to another paypal account.  I go to the help menu and this is what it telling me:

• Click Profile near the top of the page.*
  • Click Bank Accounts under Financial Information. (Don’t see this step? Follow the instructions below.) (I do not see this option)
  • Select the bank account to remove and click Remove.

Or:

• Click Profile near the top of the page.*
  • Click My money. (I do not see this option)
  • Click Update next to Bank accounts
  • Select the bank account to remove and click Remove.

* Everytime I select Profile then Add or Edit bank account, it takes me to the link your account and this is the message that it keeps giving me:

That bank account is already assigned to another PayPal account. For security purposes, each bank account may only be assigned to one PayPal account. Please use a different bank account.

Now I do not know which account that my bank account is linked to.

This is the computer system information I am using.  I am using a Mac Intel with OS 10.5.8 and Firefox 3.6. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ForumHelper
New Community Member

Hello.

I followed the steps your provided above and I could manage to remove the bank account that was linked to my PayPal Acc.

EyHlMZ.png

There you go.

Login to Me Too

Robin01
Contributor
Contributor
thanks for the info 🙂 - this is what i was needing...
Login to Me Too

bella4126
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem and I am not getting any help from Paypal. This is very frustrating. Enough to make me close my accounts and never use them again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.