refund

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,i am waiting on a refund that hasn't come yet? I was e-mailed that the refund was sent , but I never receved it.  I have a paypal account nothing is in it ,its been sence 6-2-10Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sorry it took so long.   I went to my paypal account  clicked history tab,  then dates & payment (all activity) with balance.   my account shows.  $ 0.00  no refunds have been returned to my account. paid  6-1-10 seller e-mailed me that item went back up on auction, I didn't receve e-mail that I won bid, when I checked item all it said was bids were over my name never showed up as the winning bid for 2 weeks. So they put item back up on auction, but by then I had already paypaled her account. e-bay comfermed that I payed her $19.48 she said she would send me the refund to my paypal account or I could try to bid on the item again and maybe even get it cheaper,  cheaper I a just want my refund her item was put back up on e-bay auction and it was sold.   I still have nothing to show for my payment.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the seller used the "Refund" link, the payment will have a refunded status. If the seller used the "Send Money" tab, you would have received a payment for the refunded amount.

Who sent you the refund notice and what did it say?

Login to Me Too

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

the seller and e-bay.

Login to Me Too

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

they said that the refund went through, but i have nothing to show for it.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "History" tab, select a date range which will include when the payment was originally sent and then click on the "All activity (with balance)" option. This will show your running PayPal account balance (in the right hand column) after each transaction and should make it easier for you to see if the payment was refunded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/advanced07.gif

Do you see the payment in your PayPal account history? If yes, does it have a "Refunded" status?

Note... if the payment funding source was credit card or debit card, the refund will be credited back to your credit or debit card.

Login to Me Too
Solved

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, sorry it took so long.   I went to my paypal account  clicked history tab,  then dates & payment (all activity) with balance.   my account shows.  $ 0.00  no refunds have been returned to my account. paid  6-1-10 seller e-mailed me that item went back up on auction, I didn't receve e-mail that I won bid, when I checked item all it said was bids were over my name never showed up as the winning bid for 2 weeks. So they put item back up on auction, but by then I had already paypaled her account. e-bay comfermed that I payed her $19.48 she said she would send me the refund to my paypal account or I could try to bid on the item again and maybe even get it cheaper,  cheaper I a just want my refund her item was put back up on e-bay auction and it was sold.   I still have nothing to show for my payment.

Login to Me Too

gdalle
Contributor
Contributor

It nothing appears not even a note on your original payment to them, most likely the seller has not sent you a refund. If they did send a refund or money, you would have something showing its pending or completed. I would contact them again possibly an oversight on their end. If you do not get any results you can have ebay help you resolve the situation. FYI if you paid with credit card the refund would then go back to the credit card etc. and your balance would remain $0.

Login to Me Too

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,my charge card is debit money card and I got it just for paypal when I bought something on line.    toni

Login to Me Too

beerrs
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem where's my refund, Says its been refunded but didn't show up in account. This is crazy trying to get a refund on something that didn't show up. I thought pay pal wasn't going to be a problem to get a refund. Wheres my money

Login to Me Too

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

The person that I bought my item from didn't send me a e-mail telling me that I had won the bid on the item, 2 weeks later I das sent a e-mail about the item she said I had won and when was I going to be paying for the item?    I sent the money out from a  vias money debit card that I bought just for online when I bought something I liked.      I was told that sence I used a charge card it wouldn't show up for 30 days at least, but she said she did refund my the money, her item she put back up on e-bay knowing the money was on it's way  it's been sold and I still have nothing to show for it.        thank you for responding im glad im not alone out here.   toni

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.