refund

toni2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,i am waiting on a refund that hasn't come yet? I was e-mailed that the refund was sent , but I never receved it.  I have a paypal account nothing is in it ,its been sence 6-2-10Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

My situation is very similar to yours.  Did you ever get your refund????  I'm still waiting.

Login to Me Too

chicagoproud
Contributor
Contributor

VERY same situation. I won an auction on ebay for $570!! The seller refunded me the money and re-listed the item (really made me mad...seems like ebay and pay pal are nothing bu scams!). HOWEVER, my money has not been returned to my debit card! I want my money! The transaction history says it's complete but I have nothing to show for it! I'm not going to let paypal hold on to my $570.00 for an entire month! Someone from paypal needs to contact me immediately or I will file a law suite against you guys!

I will never use paypal to buy anything ever again! 

Login to Me Too

byrant12
New Community Member

Did you ever receive your refund or are you still waiting? I am in the exact same situation but not thru e-bay or an auction. I purchased an item with Pay-pal which was no longer available. The merchant refunded my money. The refund showed as completed but no money has been returned to my bank account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

byrant12,

If the transaction was funded by your bank account, PayPal will place the refund in your PayPal account balance.  From there, you will have the option of either using it for other payments or sending it back to the bank account.

If the transaction was funded by a debit or credit card, PayPal will generally send it back to the card in question.  While PayPal sends the refund immediately, card issuers may take some time to post the credit while they process it.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

socasosa79
New Community Member

I received my refund in my paypal account. However a hold was placed on the funds until the money was officially transferred from my account to the sellers and then finally back into paypal. Its been 3 working days since the transaction occurred and I am still waiting for my pay pal funds to show credit.. The status of my refund says refunded. I look in my history and it shows a hold on the refund. My bank account has already been debited.

How long does it take for the refund to come out of the hold? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

US bank transfers take three to five business days to complete.  In PayPal, when you do an Instant Transfer from your bank account, the transfer isn't actually instant.  The bank transfer process is still going on in the background; however, as a courtesy to buyer and seller, PayPal advances the funds to the seller while we wait for the bank transfer to arrive.

However, if an Instant Transfer is cancelled or refunded before the bank transfer process finishes in the background, PayPal can't yet provide you the money transferring from the bank - it simply hasn't shown up yet. So in those instances where the payment is cancelled or refunded before the transfer completes, we will see this type of hold until the bank transfer finishes.  Once it does, it will go directly into your balance and will be available for withdrawal or to use for other purchases - whichever works best for you!  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps,

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Damasy201
New Community Member

The buyer refunded my money and i looked in the history and it says "credit to credit card" -275.00 instead of a positive amount. so in my account it still shows that the $275 is issing. how o i fix this?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Damasy201,

Welcome to the boards!

It sounds like the refund has credited back to your card.  It can take anywhere from a few days up to a full billing cycle (30 days), for the credit to appear on your card statement.  You can either check this if you have an online statement for the credit card, or by calling your credit card company to see if the credit has updated.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.