problem with bank account!

npquynh94
Contributor
Contributor

I created a paypal account and linked my bank account to it, then for some reasons, i deleted this paypal account and created a new one but now i cant link my bank account to this new one (it said that bank account is already assigned to another PayPal account.  ). is there anyway that i can fix it? now i cant shop online anymore 😞

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If your bank account is on an active account, it cannot be added to another PayPal account.

npquynh94 - If you can get into your old account to close it or remove the bank, that will free up the bank account for use. If you are unable to gain access, give Customer Solutions a call.

tiblakburne - Your friend was nice to use his account to buy your item, but adding your financial credentials to another person's account should always be avoided. You can ask your friend to go into his profile and remove the bank account, which will free it up for use on your own account. Be careful though, as adding the bank to too many different accounts may cause the security system to lock the bank account and prevent its use on any further accounts.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

tlblakburne
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. A friend has used his Paypal account to buy ebay for me. Since my bank info is in his account I now can't buy anything. I'm also trying to add a credit card and I can't seem to get to that portion. I'm being sent to bank account information instead.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If your bank account is on an active account, it cannot be added to another PayPal account.

npquynh94 - If you can get into your old account to close it or remove the bank, that will free up the bank account for use. If you are unable to gain access, give Customer Solutions a call.

tiblakburne - Your friend was nice to use his account to buy your item, but adding your financial credentials to another person's account should always be avoided. You can ask your friend to go into his profile and remove the bank account, which will free it up for use on your own account. Be careful though, as adding the bank to too many different accounts may cause the security system to lock the bank account and prevent its use on any further accounts.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Trung
Contributor
Contributor

hi i have a question i have a green dot reloadable personalized debit card i  have a verified paypal account so i have no limits to sending or withdrawing i withdrew $515 from my paypal to my direct deposit checking account is ther a limit i can transfer to my reloadable personalized visa debit card? i called greendot and asked them if they had a limit i can direct deposit and they told me its $500 so will my transfer go through because i called paypal and they told my it will go thru but only $500  will be sent to my checking since of my bank limit and the $15 will go back to my paypal account . is that true please help me out!!! i have a family of 6 and im 5 months behind on rent and im counting on it to go through to keep my house for my family

Login to Me Too

SailorKorra22
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE: 5/5/2011 I just learned how to get my bank account linked to my paypal after my bank account issue yesterday. Before you go to your bank and try to get things fixed that way, try this instead. First, if you live in the USA, call Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center" under "contact us" PayPal page. On the "contact us" web page you should be shown 3 things on the top half of the page: ~your primary home telephone number ~your very own secure web PIN <---- you NEED this while on the phone with the paypal customer service person ~you primary email address If you don't live in the USA then I'm sorry I can't help you, but I'm sure there is another asnwer for you elsewhere. Second, call the number above, and on the phone with the robot talker (personal experience), say agent which SHOULD lead you to a PERSON to talk to, and not another computer robot. Third, the customer service PERSON should ask for your information; name, email, and phone number. Explain (in detail if possible) your paypal issue. My issue was linking my paypal to my bank account. (as seen in the ORIGINAL post title) Forth, with personal experience, the customer service PERSON should be able to help you with the issue(s) you're dealing with in paypal. (Apparently the lady on the phone I talked to (though she had an accent) already knew I was logged into my paypal which I was at the time.) Each issue to unique so it would be nice for each and every one of you to share and expose your tips and help stuff to help others. Especially since the tip(s) might help another person. IF this doesn't help you link your paypal to your bank account then please do the alternative and contact your bank directly. The money you transfer from paypal to your own bank account should take 2-3 days (as it says on the "money transfer" webpage). Though it depends entirely on each person's bank account rules. Hopefully the tips in this can help another person. See ya! ^_^ ~SailorKorra22 ORIGINAL POST: 5/4/2011 I used to have my bank account linked to my paypal. Then I started having bank problems. When someone bought something from me the money never went into my bank account so I thought that if I redid the routing number it would work now. My account now tells me to add a bank account to my paypal since I removed it. When I did that, it says that my bank account is linked to another paypal. How is that possible? I removed my old bank account routing number to redo the same routing number, so it would go in right this time around. I'm now having problems putting my routing number into my paypal. It says that my routing number is already being used by another paypal account but I don't know how someone else can use my routing number except me. If I don't get this done right then I won't be able to sell my merchandise and get paid. I'm awaiting a new payment from a buyer and if I don't get this done I won't get paid. Someone please help me! Why is paypal NOT allowing me to reput my routing number in my paypal since it worked before? I can't recieve payments from customers if I don't have a bank account connected to my paypal! Please help!
Login to Me Too

AuBnick56
New Community Member

I want to link a US bank savings account to my PayPal and I don't have a linking number (checking account number thing) so it wont let me. HOw can I fix this

Login to Me Too

lakotabc
New Community Member

I have been with the same bank as long as I have been a member of eBay (and paypal).  Somehow my debit card is linked to my checking account on another member ID; I have NO idea what that information is...how can I get other login deleted so I can "verify" my account?

Login to Me Too

kdutton
New Community Member

I can't change my account number cause I got a new card.

Login to Me Too

disco_diva
Contributor
Contributor

i too have this problem i was asked to refresh my banking details but wont accept my new card although the card is for the same accout nothing has changed but the card

Login to Me Too

Mack_2011
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, If PayPal_Olivia is on board, I have same problem (my bank acct listed on another paypal acct) but I do not HAVE another Paypal acct. How can I resolve this? Thanks in Advance
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.