paypal accounts more than one

stewart
Contributor
Contributor

Respects chaps

I need more than one online shop! But I only have one business debit card, if I'm understanding the situation correctly I cannot use that same debit card for another online shop. Is there a way to deal with this situation

Stewart

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

stewart
Contributor
Contributor

thanks alot skier if thats the case i should be ok company name is not the same as web name.

9603 feet? i'd rather walk than use a lift!

respects mate

stewart

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Having Multiple Web Sites and PayPal

One method: You can run multiple web sites through one PayPal Business Account however, there are limitations. One method that works well for many online businesses is to have a business name that does not associate you with any specific web site.

For example, your business name could be Acme Limited. This is the name that would show up on customer's transactions even if they purchased from John's Mower Parts or Mary's Handbags.

You can customize each web site with a different business graphic logo but, because, you are limited to one PayPal Business or Premier Account, your actual business name needs to be neutral.

It's also a good idea to explain to your customers that when they see their statement, the billing compay, Acme Limited, is the parent company of John's Mower Parts or Mary's Handbags.

Another method: If you have two separate companies with different sets of accounting books and different business bank accounts and/or credit cards, you can have two separate PayPal accounts.

And another option if you use Website Payments Pro. There is an option to have "Child Accounts". It's not something you can setup yourself, it must done by PayPal. You must contact PayPal's Customer Service for assistance.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
Solved

stewart
Contributor
Contributor

thanks alot skier if thats the case i should be ok company name is not the same as web name.

9603 feet? i'd rather walk than use a lift!

respects mate

stewart

Login to Me Too

I have two websites each selling a different product.  I tried to set up two IPN's but see that I can't do that.  Is my only option to set up an entirely new PayPal account?  Seems kind of inefficient.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.