make credit card default method of payment not bank account

lizsag
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an option to change this? I want to make my credit card default mathod of payment.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

dalelambert
New Community Member

How do I set my credit card as DEFAULT form of payment.

I thought it was, now my bank account is overdrawn, Thanks PayPal AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

vjamison812
New Community Member

This is the exact question I want answered!

Login to Me Too

fjs_monopoly
New Community Member

Add me to to the list of people who hate this policy and think it's an absolute joke. I hate that I have to make this change EVERY SINGLE TIME! It's my money, just let me set the default payment option on my own. Stop trying to force me to use the method that is the lowest cost for Paypal. Paypal gets thier fees either way.

And worse still, there are some transactions, such as paying for postage, that you don't even get the option to change the default payment method. I'm tempted to just remove my bank account altogether but there are probably fees for doing that too.

Login to Me Too

meetuhalfway
New Community Member

I don't understand this at all!  Why can't we change payment option to credit card if we want? It is messing up everything.

Login to Me Too

peterzaret
New Community Member

add me to this insane frustration.

Login to Me Too

Midget1734

Add me to this as well... I can't even SWITCH my account - because paypal transfered my refunded money back to an account that I've been trying to remove for MONTHS. >o.O< Frustrated isnt the word here...

Login to Me Too

Swiosna
New Community Member

I too am wondering if I can change that default, I went and removed my bank accounts, did'nt want to, had no choice. I better not get fees for that or forget paypal.

Login to Me Too

barpittsburgh
New Community Member

I agree with everyone that the credit card should be your back up and not a bank account.  This has caused me issues in the past!!

Login to Me Too

vesper8
Contributor
Contributor

this is a policy that's been in place for years now.. and people have been angrily complaining about it for years as well!

it's so incredibly **bleep** that they don't allow you to change it. I've how had to remove my bank account and re-add it on 2 occasions just to get around this frustration. I only wish to use my bank account for DEPOSITING funds on the rare occasion that I get a payment made to my paypal account. I literally NEVER have any money in my bank account and I use my credit card 100% of the time to make purchases via PayPal.

They know it's **bleep**  and their lame explanation for not being able to change it is a joke. The real truth is that it costs them less money when you use a bank account and so they can make more comission off the transaction so they leave the bank account as default out of pure desire to make more money.

This is the kind of policy that would make me jump ship to a better payment handler if one was ever to come along. It's nothing but a slap in the face to loyal paypal users and  a complete joke as far as customer experience goes.

and it makes me so angry that years later it's still happening!!!!

Login to Me Too

benpatrick
New Community Member

I'll add my name to the chorus.

This is an absolutely BS policy.  It is entirely anti-customer.  PayPal wants this ONLY because they want to avoid credit card transaction fees.  I will continue, as I have in the past, to add and then delete bank accounts to get around this measure.

But, that aside, I want to make sure PayPal understands that the absolute second a viable alternative to PayPal exists, I'll leave PayPal like a shot out of a cannon, solely because of this policy.  I've had a PayPal account since the 1990s, and I've always been happy with it until this BS.

So, just so that everyone is on the same page: we (your customers, without whom you would not exist and cannot continue to exist) understand EXACTLY what you're doing.  We absolutely disapprove of what you're doing.  You are KILLING the brand loyalty that has made your company what it is today.  And you are opening the door for a more customer-friendly competitor.  I know (and these comments prove) that there are many people who feel as I do.

You're officially on notice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.