debit cards and paypal

black55
Contributor
Contributor

.i have a debit card i use for paypal.i made 2 purchases off of ebay.on my debit card it shows a payment to paypal for 1.00.plus the other 2 payments.but this payments not on the paypal account.if paypal charged me this becouse of the use of the  debit card.DOES THIS MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME THIS FOR ALL PURCHASES AS WELL AS ALL WEBSIGHTS>anyone know this answer.would appreciate it if someone did thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The $1.00 charge is most likely a pre-authorization charge which will drop off after a few days.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The $1.00 charge is most likely a pre-authorization charge which will drop off after a few days.

Login to Me Too

black55
Contributor
Contributor

ok i appreciate the response.thank you

Login to Me Too

jshreck
Contributor
Contributor

i just made a purchase with one too, and the $1 fee somehow pushed the account into overdraft...which doesnt make sense becuase there was more than enough to cover the item and shipping...

i tried to transfer funds to it but until i get a permanent replacement for the card (its a temp card) i cannot do this...

the replacement permanent card is overdue, will this make my purchase void? and if so how do i rectify it with the ebay merchant? i had no idea the $1 fee was going to be added until after the purchase...there was more than was needed to cover purchase and shipping...im confused...

Login to Me Too

jshreck
Contributor
Contributor

i also had a short discussion with customer service, and their response was it was more or less my fault that they did not disclose the additional fee before i made the transaction...

how ludicrous and negligent!

then they sent me a form message basically ignoring my reply to their indifference...

some customer service...very rude...

Login to Me Too

Keke28768
New Community Member

Are the daily limits changed every day?

I tried to purchase from my credit card two different purchases, they said it was over my limit, does this mean that my limit will be $100 tomorrow?

Login to Me Too

leroywalker2
New Community Member

Why paypal is useing old card number?

Login to Me Too

danyell
Contributor
Contributor

i am also having trouble my debit says its on another account and i have never used it before can u help me

Login to Me Too

Cheysmommy
Contributor
Contributor

They did that to me also, its the way that they do business. Just a bunch of idiots that got hired on recently I bet, and they have no idea how to do their job. Get out while you can and save your credit rating.

Login to Me Too

Xeroid
Contributor
Contributor

Did Paypal add a $1 fee for using debit card? Based on this thread, it appears they did?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.