ZIP Code Change

Ricard99
Contributor
Contributor

On 1 July 2011 the US Postal Service added a new zip code, 75033.  Within a month my credit cards started accepting this new zip code as the only valid code.

My address within the PayPal registration showed my old zip code associated with my credit card which uses the new zip code.

I attempted to edit the address to reflect the new zip code and received a message that the zip code and city/state did not match.

So I contacted, via phone and via e-mail customer support, and finally got them to add a new address as my home address with the new zip code.  HOWEVER, the old address is still present with my credit card associated with it.

Attempts to associate my credit card with the new address have proven unproductive as the software does not recognize the new zip code and communication with customer support have been worthless.

So how do I get them to recognize the new zip code tables?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

scubajill
New Community Member

I am in this same zip code and having a simialr issue.  Paypal update your system to accept the zip code!  It has been over 6 months since the change.

Login to Me Too

dparks
New Community Member

Ditto... stubmed across this post as I searched for a way to get this corrected.  I can't make payments using paypal using my credit card nor can I change my address online.  You would think this sort of thing was fairly common.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.