You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending.

czwxyz
New Community Member

Strange... What is the "instant transfer"? I never use such kind of thing. Since long time ago, I can not delete my credit card. It always said: "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending. " Too many times... Frustrating... I deleted bank account, created other credit card... I tried everything, but this credit card still can not be deleted.

If I want to delete the old address, it says: "This address cannot be removed because it is associated with a credit card in your account. To remove this address, first remove the credit card associated with this address, or update the billing address for the card"

Dead loop...

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

czwxyz
New Community Member

what is more, when I try to correct my address link with the card, it said:

"This card is disabled for entry into the PayPal system. Please add a different card."

OMG...

Login to Me Too

misterkat
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, any help from paypal for you?

Login to Me Too

kdub1973
New Community Member

did you ever find an answer to this?

Login to Me Too

misterkat
Contributor
Contributor

My credit card was hacked so I they sent me a new one and canceled the hacked one.  I entered the new card, and I've tried several different times to remove the old card.  However I always get this "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending."

There is nothing pending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm getting emails from paypal saying I need to update my credit cards expiration date.  I need to remove it dummies, not update it.

Also how dumb, spelling check on this suggest I change "paypal" to "papal". 

Login to Me Too

ctf1365
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to remove an old card, but it's not letting me. As far as I can tell I don't have any pending transactions.

Login to Me Too

Attreyu
New Community Member

It happens because you probably bought something from e-bay during the last month. Wait for at least 30 days.

The funding sources available to you when you make a payment by PayPal will depend on whether or not:

1. You have sufficient money already in your PayPal account (i.e. a PayPal balance)
  2. You have added a bank account and confirmed it by completing bank funding
  3. You have a valid credit or debit card attached to your PayPal account

PayPal will fund your payment in this order (assuming you can make payments by these options):

1. PayPal Balance
  2. Instant Bank Transfer (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  3. Debit Card
  4. Credit Card
  5. eCheque

An Instant Bank Transfer is a payment made from your bank account using Direct Debit when you also have a debit or credit card attached to your PayPal account. So it is like an eCheque, but in this case the payment is instant and doesn’t have to clear, because if the Direct Debit payment fails then your debit or credit card is used as a backup funding source.

For this reason, when you make an IBT payment, you cannot remove the credit or debit card used as the Back-Up Source from your PayPal account until the money has been deducted from your bank account.

Remember it will take PayPal several days to actually take funds from your bank account even though PayPal will give the money to your seller straight away.

When you’ve set up Direct Debit with PayPal and have added a credit or debit card to your PayPal account, IBT is the default funding source when you make a payment. So if you want to use your card you will have to select it manually.

If the funding source is defaulting to IBT (i.e. you have confirmed your bank account) you can change the funding source from IBT to any of the cards you have added to your PayPal account at the point you make a payment.
Click the More Funding Options link to change the funding source:

Select the relevant card and press Continue.

Ignore any messages from PayPal encouraging you to use your bank account.

It is safer for you to use a credit card in case the goods don’t arrive or there is a problem when they do, because your card issuer may “charge back” the payment for you.

But always check with your credit card issuer what protection you will have because this varies from company to company. Also, check with your bank if you’re using a debit card because some banks offer protection for debit card payments.

So basically, if you have a confirmed bank account and bought something using the Instant Payment method (which is the default one), then this is the reason why you can't delete your card.

So wait for a few more days and try again. And next time when you make a payment, chose your debit/credit card to pay, not instant funding.

Login to Me Too

Jubilea
Contributor
Contributor

I am also getting the same message. I called them and was told I had pending transactions still. I ask then why is the money out of my bank act saying who it went to.  Transactions say complete on main page and as stated bellow

"For this reason, when you make an IBT payment, you cannot remove the credit or debit card used as the Back-Up Source from your PayPal account until the money has been deducted from your bank account."

that quote don't make sense. It is out of my act and competed so why can't I remove the card.  Seems that the Better Business Beauru will be hearing from lots of Pay Pal subscribers.

So sad a multimillion dollar business can't fix a computer glitch like this or wont give up our credit info.  Hope they don't get hacked and my card gets used.

At this time I have promised to call daily to tell them get the card off my act and see what their excuse will be each time. Good luck to you all.

Login to Me Too

spiredem
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. This is very annoying. I don't have any instant transfers pending.  I do have daily activity on my paypal account - this is a business account.  Does that mean that I'll never be able to remove the old card until my account just lies dormant for weeks?

Login to Me Too

ynnob2
Contributor
Contributor

hi! I have a very old paypal account with an old credit acard that i ahve not used in seven years,becuaw the card was hacked. I called paypal to cancel this acouunt entirely,becuase they would not  allow me to use my bank account to be the funding source for my new paypal account,because it had been liked to my old account. I ,tto , am frustrated by the seeming improvidence of e-bay to fully explain what is going on with our accounts and hwo they will not deal wiht them correctly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.