You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending.

czwxyz
New Community Member

Strange... What is the "instant transfer"? I never use such kind of thing. Since long time ago, I can not delete my credit card. It always said: "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending. " Too many times... Frustrating... I deleted bank account, created other credit card... I tried everything, but this credit card still can not be deleted.

If I want to delete the old address, it says: "This address cannot be removed because it is associated with a credit card in your account. To remove this address, first remove the credit card associated with this address, or update the billing address for the card"

Dead loop...

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

lindaem
Contributor
Contributor

I have been receiving this message for months and months.....You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending.

I don't have ANY pending transactions.  This is the very reason I choose to use another method of payment. I am fed up with paypal.

@czwxyz wrote:

Strange... What is the "instant transfer"? I never use such kind of thing. Since long time ago, I can not delete my credit card. It always said: "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending. " Too many times... Frustrating... I deleted bank account, created other credit card... I tried everything, but this credit card still can not be deleted.

If I want to delete the old address, it says: "This address cannot be removed because it is associated with a credit card in your account. To remove this address, first remove the credit card associated with this address, or update the billing address for the card"

Dead loop...

@czwxyz wrote:

Dead loop...

Login to Me Too

Franca7
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, am having this problem and do not have any pending transactions, instant or otherwise. I have added my new credit card and made it the primary. Still I cannot remove the cancelled one. This topic was started back in April and still there is no answer?? Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

lindaem
Contributor
Contributor

Still no answer for me either. THANKS PAYPAL. Going to give Google Cart a try.

Login to Me Too

misterkat
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed this problem a long time ago.  I called PayPal and told someone the problem and he fixed it while I talked to him.  I think this is the only way you can get it fixed, call PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Franca7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info, glad that worked for you. Not a great option, but better than none, I suppose. Do you know if that was a permanent fix or would you have to call PayPal every single time you got a new credit card?

Login to Me Too

nikbait
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this being said on my account FOREVER!!!! I don't have any pending transactions that I know of. I've been hearing about ALL the problems people are now having with paypal. I don't use it everyday, but I think I'm gonna find a different place to do my business. Guess I'll be calling paypal come tuesday.

Login to Me Too

opaulo
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call paypal to get this removed.  I did, it took about 5 minutes and it is now finally gone.

Login to Me Too

bcizle
Contributor
Contributor

SAME THING!!!!!  Holy $#^% really PayPal...?  Will somebody please respond and get this resolved once and for all?

Login to Me Too

mitzie1256
New Community Member

I have no pending transfer and wanted to delete one of the credit cards on file, it won't let me, please help....

Robin

Login to Me Too

TheToid

Yep, I had the exact same problem, I simply called PayPal directly and they check to make sure that there are not any transactions pending, and then remove the card manually, it only took 5 minutes, so if you have this problem, please do call them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.