Won't remove secondary funding source while an authorization is still pending?

robroy36

Was able to add a new bank account and get it confirmed and set it to primary but it won't let me remove the old account that I don't want paypal or any other source having access to.

Get the "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending" error, nothing pending and nothing active on paypal transaction page, no subscriptions or any other type of "pending" stuff

Tried to remove one of two credit cards (the non primary) and get same message

Anybody know what the deal with this is?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Had you made any payments within the last week or two? 

If so, there's a potential the bank transfer could still be processing in the background (US: 3-5 business days, CA: 5-7 business days), which is why the removal of both would be blocked on the off chance the processing fails. 

Once this period is over, and no new payments have been made where these sources are listed, you should be able to remove them.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

snowlib
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem...says there is a pending authorization and I haven't used the card in a long time....just want to remove it...help!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

snowlib -

Welcome to the boards!

If a card is listed as a secondary funding source, even if it isn't being charged directly, it can't be removed until the associated primary funding source transfer is completed in the background.  This background processing can take 3-5 business days, provided the bank furnishes the transfer on the first request.

If you have no transactions within the last 3-5 business days (weekends/holidays don't count), give customer service a ring for a closer look at your account details.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.