Why does it take so long to transfer money from my bank account to PayPal?

travelbyday
Contributor
Contributor

It shouldn't take 3-5 business days. Who are you to keep my money and not let me use it when I need to?

I transferred money from a bank account to my PayPal account. The money is out of the bank, and PayPal is still "processing" it. I know you have it, PayPal, I'm not stupid. Technology is advanced enough that it would be able to process instantly.

Now I have no access to my money. And it takes BUSINESS days, so this weekend won't count.

This is dumb.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

badbat111

date 31 december

processing £100

Processing  (Expected Clearing Date: 9 Jan 2012)

last time i looked thats not 5 to 7 working days cant you speed it up ? i want to buy some stuff

Login to Me Too

mirger

I transfered €50 from my bank a/c, it left my a/c  10/1 and still no money added to my paypal account, that's 8 business days so far. i called yesterday and was told that I need to give them the following details

Customer Reference ID:
Date of Transfer:
Amount and Currency of Transfer:
Last 4 digits of Bank Account Number:
Name of Banking Institution:

Name of the Bank Account Holder:
so they can trace it. What a pile of bs. They did the same thing the last time I transfered money so I called into my bank and they could give me all the details of the transfer and couldn't understand why they woulld delay it for so long as they money was clearly sitting in their account. When this money finally does go into my account and I can use it I will be closing my account with them, They are absolute scumbags and I have better things to do with my time than have stupid paypal **bleep** around with me so I can use MY MONEY

Login to Me Too

Sloth
New Community Member

I've been waiting 9 days in "pending" status for my money to show up from my bank to my PP account.    This is after waiting 6 days for my bank account to be verified.

So It has been over two weeks just to use paypal for the first time?    What kind of utter crap is that?   In what other type of business can someone take your money for a couple of weeks with no repercussions?  

This is my first and last paypal transaction, and I will be steering everyone I know away from the doing business here due to the incredibly poor service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.