We aere unable to verify this credit card

jawad1424
New Community Member

I did 20 transactions to link my Credit Card (Visa) to my account in paypal.

Each time i received this message : "We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card"

My account status is "Unverified", When i press Get Verified... There is no method of verifing my credit card with paypal. and when i want to link the account with my credit card the above message appear each time.

Any budy halp me please with this. .........

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

HobbyCorner
New Community Member

I too am having the same problem, but I'm using a Gift Card (Visa Credit Card) and I've used them before with no problem.  I get the error message as you do.  I've used Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.  I'm not sure what is going on.  First time this has ever happened, as in the past everything worked out fine.

Login to Me Too

Mig93
New Community Member

same here 😐 I'm using a Romanian card..but it's visa electron..

Login to Me Too

Auraman
New Community Member

i have same here. i had problem alike when i first registerd my card to paypal. solution then was that i needed to have atleast ~ 1$ on card.

To verifie card u need to have 1.5 EUR. But still problem persists. Anyone found a way?

Login to Me Too

Adorey
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, I've gotten myself a $100 Visa Gift Card from Target, added it to my Credit Cards and put as Primary, but it asks for me to link and confirm. So I press that and it says some error with the card, check your information to make sure it's right, etc. I think what you need to do is call PayPal directly and ask them to link and confirm the Visa Gift Card themselves. I'm going to try calling them either later today or tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Dfx
New Community Member

I do not know where to put this, but it is thoroughly frustrating me, I have a $50 Visa Debit Gift Card (pre-paid) and I am trying to get money off of it, into someone else's Paypal, but I cannot seem to connect this card to my PayPal, it is really annoying! Any help? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone, and welcome to the Community forums!

We're seeing a lot of questions about gift cards lately, which of course makes perfect sense right after the holidays. I hope to shed some light on what you're experiencing, and help you spend the lovely gifts people have given to you. 🙂

Gift cards are not recommended for use with PayPal, because they cannot be verified as a financial credential associated with your identity and address. Often times the system will decline their addition entirely. If able to be added, gift cards may present problems later - for instance, they may fail validation when a payment is later attempted, or if a refund is necessary for any reason you may be faced with difficulty retrieving the funds from the card issuer.

You may also find [this post] relevant to your questions.

There is one prepaid card that is designed to work with PayPal. It's called the Green Dot MoneyPak. It doesn't help you use the cards you have now through PayPal, but it's an option to consider for the future.

For the cards you have now, direct purchase from a merchant is the recommended route. It won't afford the same safety that a purchase made through a registered funding source on your PayPal account would, but it will allow you to spend your gift cards.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Sukyukia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble adding any new card to my account. I have tried to use two different gift cards to add to my account but there not working. I have never had any problem before with adding a gift card to my account. When going to add/edit a credit card everything works out fine. The page loads fine and I start to fill out my information and etc. But when I click save the page restarts and says unable to verify card. Which I don't understand why it's saying that? Both cards are active and have never been used before. One card is from visa and another card is from american express. I have already called visa gift card customer service and they told me I would have to call PayPal customer service. However, they are closed for the holidays. 

Another thing is my visa gift card never charged me for trying to add the card to my account. But for some odd reason the american express gift card charged me $2.00 on the card and it's from PayPal. I'm really lost now especially since the card wasn't even added to my account or verified. I have never ever been charged for adding a gift card to my account. I will have to contact PayPal about the ridculous $2.00 they charged me on my card and american express as well.

If anyone has any idea what I need to do or what the problem is please let me know?!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you did!

Thank you so much, Suk. Smiley Happy

***Ohhh and Happy New Year's everyone!!!!***

Login to Me Too

TheGannet
Contributor
Contributor

exact same problem with my american express giftcard.   need to check the card chages(updated balance will show on website by next business day aparently, holiday lag it says or something) and find out how to dispute this fraud charge thing if i need to,  and thats why i was getting paypal to prevent in the first place....

Login to Me Too

TheGannet
Contributor
Contributor

see title

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.