Walmart Visa Money Card (Re loadable) Help

Dante_zer0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I got a Re-loadable Visa debit card from Walmart yesterday and activated it that day, so I could get Minecraft, a video game. It has $20 on it so I could test it but after I added it to my paypal and try to buy the game, a error comes up saying "You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card." So what's the deal here? I want to use this card so its safe to purchase things online so I'm not using a real Debit/Credit card.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

PayPal does not recommend adding pre-paid cards to a PayPal account, as they are seldom able to be registered and used successfully due to our security measures.  Instead, we recommend adding a traditional debit or credit card.  PayPal uses state of the art technology and has an extensive risk management team that protects you and your financial information - and we offer 100% protection for unauthorized charges. 

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

scennimo
New Community Member

So having a pre-paid card sounds like the safest way to go, but you do not support it. What a cop-out?  If you can not get the safest way to work, why should we trust you with our personal credit cards? You would think that if you are so advanced and tooting your own horn how good you are with security, why not support the pre-paid card? I just do not get it.

Login to Me Too

Dante_zer0
Contributor
Contributor

Great News! i found out why it wasn't working! The problem was is that the "Temporary" Loadable card was only VALID in US and i knew i was trying to buy something from Europe so thats why it was declined. So once Walmart sent my REAL Loadable card with my name and new Credit Number it worked fine and allowed transactions in Europe so sorry for the hiccup but Thank You anyways for the Reply

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.