Visa Gift Card

tyler360
New Community Member

hello, I added a visa gift card to my account yesterday. Paypal charged $1.95 to my card twice and supposedly sent a "paypal confirmation code" with my supposed billing statement. The problem is i dont get any type of statement. Online or in the mail. I then later found out that Paypal doesn't recommend adding gift cards. I had added a gift card a month ago and it had worked perfectly. But my question now is, how do i get my $3.90 back? Or does Paypal just keep it? and i need a reply asap.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello tyler360

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your gift card.  Are you able to contact the card issuer via phone to get the validation code?  If this is not possible then you can remove the card from your PayPal account and once it has been deleted we can manually issue a credit back to the card for the confirmation codes.  You may contact us directly by logging into your account and clicking the 'contact us' link.

KB

Login to Me Too

zenmanic
Contributor
Contributor

I have also added a gift card with the intention of using the card as a back up source for an immediate purchase. The charge for the purchase got denied. I don't want to use it on paypal anymore but i also don't have the card anymore. Is there anyway that i can get the full details of my card back from paypal. Paypal usually hides a portion of the card numbers. There must be some way that i can verify my card or my account. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello zenmanic

Welcome.  For security purposes we are not able to release full card numbers.  If you no longer have the card and need information regarding it then your best bet would be to contact the card issuer themselves as they may be able to provide you with the information you are looking for.  If you know who the card issuer was then you should be able to look them up on the internet to find a customer service number to get in touch with them.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and I wish you a good day.

KB

Login to Me Too

Kookeh

You can see your statement at https://www.vanillavisa.com/product.html

How do you add funds from card to paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.