Two things: Can't verify my SS or link bank account and paypal is holding funds on my account, why?

tlv1202
New Community Member

Dear Paypal,

I am having problems lifting the limits on my account, I try to enter my SS number and it says it can't verify it and says make sure I am imputing it correctly,  it also will not let me link my debit card to the account, it says to go to card problems @ paypal.com. 

Second, paypal is holding my funds and won't let me transfer them to my bank account.  I don't want to wait 21 days for my money, it is my money for goods sold and I should be able to access it.  The items I have bought I have paid for right away, I don't understand.  

Help me to get my info verified and my debit card on my account, as the previous one expired. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Lets tackle these issues one at a time.  Smiley Happy

The card issue will require either an email or a call to PayPal.  Click on "contact us" and a representative can review the card to see if it can be enabled in the system.

In regards to the SSN, if the information on your PayPal account is not an exact match with external records, the SSN may not be able to verified.  It's also possible you have an old account out there that has your SSN on it.  Since it sounds like you're trying to lift the withdrawal limit, you could either manually confirm the SSN with customer service (which will require a call) or you could complete the link and confirm process on your card (once it has been reset).  In either event, you will need to have a confirmed bank account on file.

In regards to the holds you're experiencing, the best resource I can direct you to would be here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments

Hope this helps!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

momgotchat
Contributor
Contributor

You have to have a bank account attacted in order to recieve funds.

Concerning the 21 day hold.  This is a new (not so new anymore) thing Paypal has come up with.  For various to no reason at all they hold funds in a sellers account for up to 21 days.  Aways with new users, low feed back, high ticket items, if you haven't sold in a while or even if you've been a power seller with 100% feedback for 10 years.

They hold the funds until the seller can show proof of delivery via imputing delivery confirmation into trancking area of paypal transaction page shown the buyer recieved the item, and/or the buyer leaves positive feedback and is satisfied with the purchase.

If these 2 things have happed already, call paypal to expidite the release.  The contact us link is at the bottom of your paypal page after logging in.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.