Transferring money back to bank account not showing in account?

2Amanda
New Community Member

I've withdrawn funds from my paypal account back to my bank account but it hasn't shown up in the bank when it says "completed transaction" on paypal...What's going on? Does it just take a few days to register into my bank?

Thank you for any reply.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

That's correct - the withdrawal to a US bank will take three to five business days (weekends/holidays don't count) to complete. 

The status in your PayPal account will switch to "Completed" well before that, though, so this is why you're not seeing the two sync up just yet.  The "completed" status means that we've deducted the funds from PayPal and sent it on it's way to the bank. 

We change the status in this way because the bank doesn't tell us if it arrives - only if they reject the withdrawal.  If that happens, we let you know via email, place the funds back in your PayPal balance, and change the status to "Cancelled."

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

janetp
New Community Member

How come it doesn't even show up that I am transferring money from my Paypal account to my banking account as pending or anything. As if I have done nothing?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

janetp -

Welcome to the boards!

I would recommend going to your History tab and then selecting "All Activity (with balance)."  If you don't see a withdrawal there, it sounds as if the requested transfer may not have been fully entered, and as such, wasn't initiated.  If that's the case, use the Withdraw tab to re-initiate the transfer.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.