Regulation "D"

Ravepuppie
Contributor
Contributor

OK - Here's how it all went down.  I've been an eBay member since 98 and on PP since it started.  My PP account is set up to withdraw from a credit union savings account.  This last month (June 11) I made 7 purchases on eBay and paid for them with PP.  All went well except for the seventh one.  My bank halted the transaction in accordance with federal regulation "D" (look it up).  It only allows SIX automatic withdrawals from a savings account per month.  Number seven was too many and they squashed it.  PP freaked out and shut down my account linking my savings to my PP and now is demanding payment.  Fine, I tell them.  Just re-connect the account as it was and take your da*mn money already.  Several calls to humans in customer service (in the Philippines, I might add) resolved NOTHING.  WTF??  I can't believe that I'm the first person to have ever encountered this little law and can't believe that it's so difficult for the Filipino customer service people to understand.  PP is mere moments away from losing my business FOREVER.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ravepuppie wrote:

I can't believe that I'm the first person to have ever encountered this little law and can't believe that it's so difficult for the Filipino customer service people to understand.  PP is mere moments away from losing my business FOREVER.

good  paypal doesn't want your business anyway, they don't like ignorant racists

Login to Me Too

Ravepuppie
Contributor
Contributor

"Racist"?  That term is so freely thrown around these days that it doesn't carry any weight anymore.  What exactly was so "racist" about my statement?  That I pointed out that PP's customer service dept was in the Phillipines?  There are ENTIRE threads devoted to that topic.  That I doubted the ability of Fillipino people to comprehend American laws and regulations?  They don't, plain and simple.  Go find yourself a REAL cause to get behind and quit whining about the comments of others.  If you don't have a suggestion or solution then don't bother my thread with your finger pointing.  As far as PP not wanting my business, you have a lot to learn about business and the profits made from a "racist" are just as tangible as from anyone else.

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Ravepuppie wrote:

"Racist"?  That term is so freely thrown around these days that it doesn't carry any weight anymore.  What exactly was so "racist" about my statement?  That I pointed out that PP's customer service dept was in the Philippines?  There are ENTIRE threads devoted to that topic.  That I doubted the ability of Fillipino people to comprehend American laws and regulations?  They don't, plain and simple.  Go find yourself a REAL cause to get behind and quit whining about the comments of others.  If you don't have a suggestion or solution then don't bother my thread with your finger pointing.  As far as PP not wanting my business, you have a lot to learn about business and the profits made from a "racist" are just as tangible as from anyone else.

1.  You can't just assume every customer service rep for PP is in the Philippines, because they are not, and your are wrong.

2.  Those threads were started by ignorant bigots like yourself, you should go post there.

3.  And when it comes to whining that is your job obviously.

4.  Finally Paypal does not care if they lose your business because they have the other 230 million users to rely on. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.