Refund went to wrong credit card?

Briznet

Hi I paid to a merchant, it was on the statement, for other reasonings I canceled my existing debit card because of a bad magnetic strip and got a new one to replace it. The refund says it went through on Paypal to my old card, but my old card isn't active. I had already added my New debit card before it tried to refund me. Does it just take time to show up on my card? it will go to my new debit card right?

If it tries to refund to the original card which is inactive will it go to my new card? same account just new debit card to replace a bad one!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

karilijn

unfortunately it is the banks debit card that is the problem. i had the same issue. I called paypal and was very upset with them, however if the new card wasnt confirmed or verified  3-5 days  (i think it is) before the refund the online process may not have caught it in time. what you need to do is contact the debit card company or bank and let them know what has happened. If the card is not active it should havebounced back and  gone immediately to your paypal balance, not to the old card. (kind of like a payment made without funds to back it up)sometimes it taKes 12 hours sometimes longer. But the easiest way to handle this is call the debit card company. and then call paypal. you might have to give them the new debit card number yourself rather than trying to link it yourself.

good luck

kari

Login to Me Too

stmarotta
New Community Member

I have the same problem here.

I think its paypal's fault as i already removed my old card from my account.

Im contacting the card company, if nothing is resolved i will try paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.