Paypal link bank account setup problems.

XtrSAWar3
New Community Member

I have just made a new account for paypal and when I try to link my bank account I get this message "We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account." The only thing is I have never used this bank account before ever the last thing I bought on paypal with my old account was in 2007 with a different bank & bank account that went out of buisness. I also know for a fact that this card has never been entered in any paypal account I double checked everything. So why is paypal making it such a hassle? Please don't tell me the regular.. "Well you must have a previous link account to that bank account because I DON'T. Anyone that knows what to do please help.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Olivia

Hi crh, and welcome to the forums!

This is definitely a situation where calling to speak with a PayPal Customer Solutions representative over the phone is the way to go. With the full bank account number and some additional verification steps, they can take a look at why the bank is on another account, and examine options for freeing it up for use. You can find the right number to call by logging into your PayPal account and clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and then "Call us."

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kangit
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I removed my bank account and tried to re-register it so that I could try verifying it insatntly. But I keep getting a message saying We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

Login to Me Too

yashboi123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I recently closed one of my paypal accounts about 2 days ago and didn't realise that i needed it so i signed up for a new paypal account thinking i could link my bank account with it but every time i tried it kept saying "We're sorry, but that card can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different card." I did have my bank account details with my old paypal account but i closed it and thought i could re-do it but turns out i can't. I don't want to call customer service but only if its a last resort i am having a lot of problem with this and could really do with some help? 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi yashboi123, and welcome to the forums!

The error you're getting indicates that a card is being added, rather than a bank account. Do you potentially have that card linked to another PayPal account?

If you're still having difficulty, you may need the assistance of a Customer Service representative to search for any old and forgotten accounts that might be tied to the financial information you're trying to use. Please feel free to contact CS by logging into your PayPal account and clicking Contact Us.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

canwehaveitnow
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with being unable to add a bank account - 

Despite the post by Olivia of Paypalstating this is an issue this end, I have been emailed by Paypal and spoken to customer services at Paypal who have informed me they have an issue their end.

I now have nearly £600 with no way of accessing it unless I link another account which I have now done, except its my sons and this is not ideal or professional.

My account is with HSBC 

Would appreciate Paypals 'official' response to this - its not always the customer who cant make the system work and if you wait three days for a response for it only to be an automated 'click your account etc etc without them even having read the email you sent you can end up going round in circles with absolutely no progress being made.

Becky

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.